Anyone fancy a day out in Portsmouth?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by POGscribbler, Jun 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mrs PoGs and Myself another serving army mate and his misses, where delighted to discover that the admission at both the HMS Victory and RN Museum where free! also several family members or kids too (he said up to four).

So if you are looking to get up to some mischief this weekend give it a go!

PoGs
    www.pocketcomms.co.uk

Extract from website attached:

http://www.hms-victory.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1]

http://www.historicdockyard.co.uk/tickets/

Code:
    Serving personnel receive the following discounts:

HMS Victory & the Royal Naval Museum is FREE for the pass holder and their immediate family (spouses, live-in partners & children). When guided tours are running, timed tickets need to be collected from the Visitor Centre and are only available on a first come, first served basis. Please be aware guided tours can get booked up very quickly and all visitors are advised to arrive early and book their timed slot in the Visitor Centre to avoid disappointment. Personnel wishing to take advantage of this offer will be asked to produce Military ID at the Visitor Centre where they will be issued with a complimentary ticket. It is essential that personnel go to the Visitor Centre on arrival rather than boarding the ship directly. Please note this offer is not valid for special events (e.g. A Victorian Festival of Christmas).

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You can also get into the Submarine Museum in Gosprt with your MOD 90.

On the down side I would rather T Bag a liquidizer, than visit Portsmouth.

3. Just Posted the above on my Regimental HCav forum and had the following reply from PG

Code:
    I queued up at Pearl Harbour for over 1 hour and paid for the privelage.60 years ago the Japs got in for nothing!   Well worth the wait though.

I got a pensioners ticket to see the Victory when I was there last year. Bit different from my last visit to Navy Days with the Sea Cadets in 1959 when I got in free!

Just thought I'd share

PoGs
    www.pocketcomms.co.uk