Anyone ever tried making tea with Rooibos/Redbush tea and fresh Ginger?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by TamH70, Aug 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am on a bit of a fresh fruit/vegetable/root kick at the moment so I fancy trying the above with some honey, but I don't want to make it without first checking if it will do me any harm in the guts area.

Help appreciated.

Tam

2. I've been drinking rooibos tea for many years. No ill-effects. There are quite a few makes on the market now, have tried most of them but particularly like Tick Tock Organic Rooibos. Never used honey with the rooibos as I'm sweet enough!

Ginger is in my diet aswell as I suffered with IBS. Not any more. You mention your gut? If you're having problems (I'm assuming here) try Yakult (a good bacteria drink).

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

All the answers you need are here.

4. Try juice of a lemon, about quarter of an inch of grated ginger root (keep it in the freezer so it grates easily) and a tablespoon of runny honey to a mug of hot water. Looks like a swamp, but tastes good & the best cold pick-me-up I've ever tried.

5. The redbush and ginger will be fine, nice even. You could add other spices to it too to make your own chai tea, google for recipes.

6. I will get you back for that BuggerAll. Once I come up with something vile and sadistic enough that is, :cool:

Tam

7. I really enjoy redbush, a bit different from normal teas. Does anyone else think it smells like a tobacco shop?

8. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Its even better with a large tot of Rum in it

9. it reminds me of saddle leather, stables and saddle soap!!

10. I love a nice redbush. I quite like the tea as well. Smells and tastes a little scented.

11. Boil up your tea (any good black or red tea) with a lump of chopped ginger and a little sugar or honey to make East African Tangawizi tea.

I'm in the process of developing a natural alcoholic ginger beer on tap for the brewery at around 3 - 4% alc. Using malt extract instead of sugar and lime juice for a bit of a bite, with loads of fresh root ginger. So far, so good....