• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Anyone ever tried making tea with Rooibos/Redbush tea and fresh Ginger?

I am on a bit of a fresh fruit/vegetable/root kick at the moment so I fancy trying the above with some honey, but I don't want to make it without first checking if it will do me any harm in the guts area.

Help appreciated.

Tam

I am on a bit of a fresh fruit/vegetable/root kick at the moment so I fancy trying the above with some honey, but I don't want to make it without first checking if it will do me any harm in the guts area.

Help appreciated.

Tam
I've been drinking rooibos tea for many years. No ill-effects. There are quite a few makes on the market now, have tried most of them but particularly like Tick Tock Organic Rooibos. Never used honey with the rooibos as I'm sweet enough!

Ginger is in my diet aswell as I suffered with IBS. Not any more. You mention your gut? If you're having problems (I'm assuming here) try Yakult (a good bacteria drink).

Try juice of a lemon, about quarter of an inch of grated ginger root (keep it in the freezer so it grates easily) and a tablespoon of runny honey to a mug of hot water. Looks like a swamp, but tastes good & the best cold pick-me-up I've ever tried.

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
Try juice of a lemon, about quarter of an inch of grated ginger root (keep it in the freezer so it grates easily) and a tablespoon of runny honey to a mug of hot water. Looks like a swamp, but tastes good & the best cold pick-me-up I've ever tried.
Its even better with a large tot of Rum in it

Boil up your tea (any good black or red tea) with a lump of chopped ginger and a little sugar or honey to make East African Tangawizi tea.

I'm in the process of developing a natural alcoholic ginger beer on tap for the brewery at around 3 - 4% alc. Using malt extract instead of sugar and lime juice for a bit of a bite, with loads of fresh root ginger. So far, so good....

Latest Threads