Anyone ever set up an incoming 0800 number for business?

Thinking about having an 0800 / 0808 contact number on our website because it looks more professionaler.

Anyone done it? What sort of costs? Do we have to pay through the nose?

Stuff I've seen on the web is a bit vague...

TIA

BB

Thinking about having an 0800 / 0808 contact number on our website because it looks more professionaler.

Anyone done it? What sort of costs? Do we have to pay through the nose?

Stuff I've seen on the web is a bit vague...

TIA

BB
I know times are hard and you want to supplement your income, but a sex line? Also, what's the name of the website, just asking for a friend and all...

In Canada it’s pretty simple, you just contact your regular telephone service provider and they set it up, pretty easy. They route it through your existing line, different companies offer different rates so shopping around can be worth while. BT doesn’t offer the same?

Unless you sell double glazing or over 50s funeral insurance don't bother. In the 90's worth the money, now completely not. A) geo numbers are all included in virtually all business and private call plans and B) non geos are not in many of them so rather than being free both your punter and you get billed.

Edit to add if you want to get away from a geo prefix get a 0330 number which will not cost a fraction of 0800 and your punters will have included in their call plans as its billed as geo.

Last edited:
I did a couple of 0500 numbers through Mercury - they were cheaper than BT's 0800 at the time. See who offers alternatives if they such things still exist.

The 0500 was dropped onto a BT landline, so effectively the phone had two incoming numbers and both were given as call options. I recall I had to pay a monthly fee and the cost of the call from whomever to my line. Not really anymore expensive than having a landline at the time.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The value of a 0800 number has gone through the floor in terms of client / customer perception.

I honestly can't recall the last time I dialled one. Just go geo with a normal landline number. It conversely reassures the client / customer as they can see you have a physical location by your area code.

I know times are hard and you want to supplement your income, but a sex line? Also, what's the name of the website, just asking for a friend and all...
Think you might be getting your wires crossed somewhere along the line.

0800 - no

0845 - yes

Simple online process. Google 0800 redirect

Latest Threads