Anyone ever got a job from being a B1?

#1
We always hark back to B1 giving us a C&G in general construction but has anyone ever got a job from it? Had a look at my cert the other day and it appears to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
 
#2
Make_it_fit said:
We always hark back to B1 giving us a C&G in general construction but has anyone ever got a job from it? Had a look at my cert the other day and it appears to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
It's not the course content that's important, it's the experiences you gain from having done the course, i look back and i'm greatful for the courses i was sent on and at the time didn't want to do, a couple of them have provided me with a very good standard of living in civvy strasse.
 
#5
plant_life said:
It's good if you just want to be a general labourer on site but thats about it.
BUT a far far superior qualification than being an A1 hole digger (still not square edged but less round than an A2 would produce) has. :D 8O :D 8O
 
#6
Well as a plantie you will probably earn more than a buttfcuk labourer. Even as a driver (basic plantie requirement) you can get £140 a day. I have earned this for a company 3 years ago so the wages would have only gone up.
 
#7
plant_life said:
Well as a plantie you will probably earn more than a buttfcuk labourer. Even as a driver (basic plantie requirement) you can get £140 a day. I have earned this for a company 3 years ago so the wages would have only gone up.
would not get out of bed for that as an electrician. :blowkiss: :boogie: :blowkiss: :boogie:
 
#8
Thats because you are all a bunch of lazy fcukers who don't do any work! Not much call for defile supervisors on civvy street!
 
#9
plant_life said:
Not much call for defile supervisors on civvy street!
granted, BUT fecking lots & lots for sparkies :D :D :D :D
 
#11
plant_life said:
I see you are not denying knockers are lazy though!
some are mate i do not deny that BUT nowhere near as bad as "mud muppets" at least there is an inkling of physical activity within being a knocker.
 
#12
Ali_Gee said:
Make_it_fit said:
We always hark back to B1 giving us a C&G in general construction but has anyone ever got a job from it? Had a look at my cert the other day and it appears to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
It's not the course content that's important, it's the experiences you gain from having done the course, i look back and i'm greatful for the courses i was sent on and at the time didn't want to do, a couple of them have provided me with a very good standard of living in civvy strasse.
I refer back to my earlier email Ali...do you not get all your jobs form being BI??? :D
 
#14
MK_1_Disrupter said:
Ali_Gee said:
Make_it_fit said:
We always hark back to B1 giving us a C&G in general construction but has anyone ever got a job from it? Had a look at my cert the other day and it appears to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
It's not the course content that's important, it's the experiences you gain from having done the course, i look back and i'm greatful for the courses i was sent on and at the time didn't want to do, a couple of them have provided me with a very good standard of living in civvy strasse.
I refer back to my earlier email Ali...do you not get all your jobs form being BI??? :D
nah mate, from being used to working with complete choppers, those days are over now, unless you count the Iraqis that is :D
 
#16
Ali_Gee said:
Nightrained said:
I would get out of bed for £140 a day. I have to get out of bed for my £42 or so right now... *sigh*
I spend that a day on fags and booze! 8O
old habits die hard, eh :?: :?: :?: :?:
 
#17
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
Ali_Gee said:
Nightrained said:
I would get out of bed for £140 a day. I have to get out of bed for my £42 or so right now... *sigh*
I spend that a day on fags and booze! 8O
old habits die hard, eh :?: :?: :?: :?:
I's a case of keeping my body in perfect balance.......I smoke to reduce my lung capacity, which in turn makes room for my enlarged liver so i can drink more :D
like a well oiled machine!
 
#18
Hi, with ref to job from being a B1, me and a mate of mine applied for a job with a mine clearance company who were looking for Fullscrew B1's with first aid training and comms training. So yes you can get jobs from just your B1 , i never saw it through due to her indoors saying she would leave if i lost a limb (harsh but fair and honest). It was paying £32.000 tax free with free accomodation and flights. I stayed in and am know earning that much anyway unfortunately not tax free.
 
#19
twiggy said:
Hi, with ref to job from being a B1, me and a mate of mine applied for a job with a mine clearance company who were looking for Fullscrew B1's with first aid training and comms training. So yes you can get jobs from just your B1 , i never saw it through due to her indoors saying she would leave if i lost a limb (harsh but fair and honest). It was paying £32.000 tax free with free accomodation and flights. I stayed in and am know earning that much anyway unfortunately not tax free.
must have been a while back, I was earning more than that working at the minefields in albania in '99 and now....well! :D
 
#20
I'm not getting out of bed for less than £40 an hour,,,,and you can take the piss out of health and safety all you want.......

And I started life as mud muppet :) :)

B1.......you know you always wanted to be a planty..... :)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top