• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Anyone ever got a job from being a B1?

We always hark back to B1 giving us a C&G in general construction but has anyone ever got a job from it? Had a look at my cert the other day and it appears to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Make_it_fit said:
We always hark back to B1 giving us a C&G in general construction but has anyone ever got a job from it? Had a look at my cert the other day and it appears to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
It's not the course content that's important, it's the experiences you gain from having done the course, i look back and i'm greatful for the courses i was sent on and at the time didn't want to do, a couple of them have provided me with a very good standard of living in civvy strasse.

Well as a plantie you will probably earn more than a buttfcuk labourer. Even as a driver (basic plantie requirement) you can get £140 a day. I have earned this for a company 3 years ago so the wages would have only gone up.

plant_life said:
Well as a plantie you will probably earn more than a buttfcuk labourer. Even as a driver (basic plantie requirement) you can get £140 a day. I have earned this for a company 3 years ago so the wages would have only gone up.
would not get out of bed for that as an electrician. :blowkiss: :boogie: :blowkiss: :boogie:

Ali_Gee said:
Make_it_fit said:
It's not the course content that's important, it's the experiences you gain from having done the course, i look back and i'm greatful for the courses i was sent on and at the time didn't want to do, a couple of them have provided me with a very good standard of living in civvy strasse.
I refer back to my earlier email Ali...do you not get all your jobs form being BI??? :D

MK_1_Disrupter said:
Ali_Gee said:
Make_it_fit said:
I refer back to my earlier email Ali...do you not get all your jobs form being BI??? :D
nah mate, from being used to working with complete choppers, those days are over now, unless you count the Iraqis that is :D

A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
Ali_Gee said:
Nightrained said:
I would get out of bed for £140 a day. I have to get out of bed for my £42 or so right now... *sigh*
I spend that a day on fags and booze! 8O
old habits die hard, eh :?: :?: :?: :?:
I's a case of keeping my body in perfect balance.......I smoke to reduce my lung capacity, which in turn makes room for my enlarged liver so i can drink more :D
like a well oiled machine!

Hi, with ref to job from being a B1, me and a mate of mine applied for a job with a mine clearance company who were looking for Fullscrew B1's with first aid training and comms training. So yes you can get jobs from just your B1 , i never saw it through due to her indoors saying she would leave if i lost a limb (harsh but fair and honest). It was paying £32.000 tax free with free accomodation and flights. I stayed in and am know earning that much anyway unfortunately not tax free.

twiggy said:
Hi, with ref to job from being a B1, me and a mate of mine applied for a job with a mine clearance company who were looking for Fullscrew B1's with first aid training and comms training. So yes you can get jobs from just your B1 , i never saw it through due to her indoors saying she would leave if i lost a limb (harsh but fair and honest). It was paying £32.000 tax free with free accomodation and flights. I stayed in and am know earning that much anyway unfortunately not tax free.
must have been a while back, I was earning more than that working at the minefields in albania in '99 and now....well! :D

I'm not getting out of bed for less than £40 an hour,,,,and you can take the piss out of health and safety all you want.......

And I started life as mud muppet :) :)

B1.......you know you always wanted to be a planty..... :)

Latest Threads