Anyone ever got a job from being a B1?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Make_it_fit, Apr 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We always hark back to B1 giving us a C&G in general construction but has anyone ever got a job from it? Had a look at my cert the other day and it appears to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
  2. It's not the course content that's important, it's the experiences you gain from having done the course, i look back and i'm greatful for the courses i was sent on and at the time didn't want to do, a couple of them have provided me with a very good standard of living in civvy strasse.
  3. It's good if you just want to be a general labourer on site but thats about it.
  4. Chocolate fireguards are very tasty... ashtrays on motorbikes are fine in the sidecar... but mudflaps on a turtle... now they're bloody useless.
  5. BUT a far far superior qualification than being an A1 hole digger (still not square edged but less round than an A2 would produce) has. :D 8O :D 8O
  6. Well as a plantie you will probably earn more than a buttfcuk labourer. Even as a driver (basic plantie requirement) you can get £140 a day. I have earned this for a company 3 years ago so the wages would have only gone up.
  7. would not get out of bed for that as an electrician. :blowkiss: :boogie: :blowkiss: :boogie:
  8. Thats because you are all a bunch of lazy fcukers who don't do any work! Not much call for defile supervisors on civvy street!
  9. granted, BUT fecking lots & lots for sparkies :D :D :D :D
  10. I see you are not denying knockers are lazy though!
  11. some are mate i do not deny that BUT nowhere near as bad as "mud muppets" at least there is an inkling of physical activity within being a knocker.
  12. I refer back to my earlier email you not get all your jobs form being BI??? :D
  13. I would get out of bed for £140 a day. I have to get out of bed for my £42 or so right now... *sigh*
  14. nah mate, from being used to working with complete choppers, those days are over now, unless you count the Iraqis that is :D
  15. I spend that a day on fags and booze! 8O