• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Anyone esle fed up with the Tories blaming Labour for EVERYTHING?

Its getting dull.

For example: huge National debt? Blame Pa Broon and Blair. ( nothing to do with the Banks nearly bringing about the collapse of UK plc. )

The latest comment just heard on R4 says that there is a £37Bn unfunded liability for the MoD over the next ten years; naturally, this is all Labours' fault and the cynics might say this is laying the ground for some swingeing cuts.

So, what are Dave and his chums doing to help the MoD get out of this position?

Telling them that they'll have to find £20 bn for Trident.

Weasels.

No, not tired of it yet. It is the truth after all.
If they are still at it in 12 to 18 months then I might be agrieved.

As for the weasels bit, they are politicians. What do you expect?

Too early to say it's getting dull. It was dull when Liarbore were still blaming the previous Tory administration 10yrs later. They had plenty of time to sort out anything that they were unhappy with.

As posted above. Sod them, Blair and Brown have brought this Nation to its knees. And I don't just mean financially. I would love to see the pair of them up in front of a War Crimes Trial at the Hague.

Not at all. The last government hugely irresponsible with the country's money and have left Britain with huge debts. We should be reminded regularly about what hey did lest people feel the urge to vote them in again.

Nope. As was pointed out when they came into power they need to remind the general public at every opportunity (And for a very long time) what Labour have got us into, lest the general public are stupid enough to forget this mess was caused by Labour.

Oops to slow. What he said.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
No, not tired of it yet. It is the truth after all.
If they are still at it in 12 to 18 months then I might be agrieved.

As for the weasels bit, they are politicians. What do you expect?
12 - 18 months? The last lot were still blaming the previous administration right up to the election, and Brown would have continued to blame Maggie if he hadn't realised that Blair claimed to have based himself on Maggie.

Whose fault is it then?

You should read this week's Economist, where Cameron is quoted as saying that he does not want to slag off everything the last government did.

msr

For example: huge National debt? Blame Pa Broon and Blair. ( nothing to do with the Banks nearly bringing about the collapse of UK plc. )
The National Debt is not the fault of the banks - it is the NATIONAL debt ;)

The near collapse of UK PLC was brought about by profligate spending i.e. more than the government was taking for the last 10 years.

And it expect it to continue.

I think they've only found the proverbial odd few skeletons in the understair cupboard of Hannibal Lector's house.

They've yet to move on to the the various bedrooms, master suite and sound-proofed dungeon.

Q

Sory BB but can't agree with you at all on this one, Labour have done severe damage to this country during the last 13 years of maladministration and putting it right will be painful.

MSR - its the National Debt, but for years the banks have been privatising profits; they get it ( hideously ) wrong and they've managed to nationalise the losses.

"Oh but if you tax us, all the talent will leave London".

Bolleaux; if the banks had been allowed to collapse they'd be out of a job anyway. And I speak as a professionally qualified Banker.

12 - 18 months? The last lot were still blaming the previous administration right up to the election, and Brown would have continued to blame Maggie if he hadn't realised that Blair claimed to have based himself on Maggie.
Just because Brown and Blair had a policy of blaming the previous government (to them) for everything doesn't meant Cameron and Co are obliged to do the same.
Realistically, I expect to see the new government making serious progress toward financial and ethical recovery of this country in that timeframe. If there isn't progress it is the current government I will be wanting answers from, not the former Labour government.

There are still die hard labour supporters who are even now still blaming the last Tory government for things.

Don't expect this to change any time soon.

Bravo Bravo,

The national debt was created over the past 13 years, during that time someone was in charge of this countries finances. This person removed loads of regulation that prevented banks from taking on too much toxic debt. The same person decided that the best way to deal with the debt was to spend more money we did not have.

Remind me again, who should I blame?

There are still die hard labour supporters who are even now still blaming the last Tory government for things.

Don't expect this to change any time soon.
I don't support Labour and I'm still bitter about how the Tories wreaked havoc in certain parts of the country in the 80'90's!

MSR - its the National Debt, but for years the banks have been privatising profits; they get it ( hideously ) wrong and they've managed to nationalise the losses.

"Oh but if you tax us, all the talent will leave London".

Bolleaux; if the banks had been allowed to collapse they'd be out of a job anyway. And I speak as a professionally qualified Banker.
Simple question, who allowed the banks to continue unregulated. Who, by the very nature of their policy decisions, built up a house of cards? Go on, have a guess....(clue.... it wasn't the bankers....)

Latest Threads