Anyone esle fed up with the Tories blaming Labour for EVERYTHING?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo_Bravo, Aug 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its getting dull.

For example: huge National debt? Blame Pa Broon and Blair. ( nothing to do with the Banks nearly bringing about the collapse of UK plc. )

The latest comment just heard on R4 says that there is a £37Bn unfunded liability for the MoD over the next ten years; naturally, this is all Labours' fault and the cynics might say this is laying the ground for some swingeing cuts.

So, what are Dave and his chums doing to help the MoD get out of this position?

Telling them that they'll have to find £20 bn for Trident.

2. No, not tired of it yet. It is the truth after all.
    If they are still at it in 12 to 18 months then I might be agrieved.

As for the weasels bit, they are politicians. What do you expect?
  3. No annoyed by it at all, for it is the simple truth. They can blame Labour for the next 13 years for all I care.
  4. No Labour deserve every bit of blame they get.... it's only fair Labour were still blaming the Tories 13 years on.
  5. What he said..
  6. Too early to say it's getting dull. It was dull when Liarbore were still blaming the previous Tory administration 10yrs later. They had plenty of time to sort out anything that they were unhappy with.
  7. As posted above. Sod them, Blair and Brown have brought this Nation to its knees. And I don't just mean financially. I would love to see the pair of them up in front of a War Crimes Trial at the Hague.
  8. Not at all. The last government hugely irresponsible with the country's money and have left Britain with huge debts. We should be reminded regularly about what hey did lest people feel the urge to vote them in again.
  9. Nope. As was pointed out when they came into power they need to remind the general public at every opportunity (And for a very long time) what Labour have got us into, lest the general public are stupid enough to forget this mess was caused by Labour.

Oops to slow. What he said.
  10. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

12 - 18 months? The last lot were still blaming the previous administration right up to the election, and Brown would have continued to blame Maggie if he hadn't realised that Blair claimed to have based himself on Maggie.
  11. msr

msr LE

Whose fault is it then?

You should read this week's Economist, where Cameron is quoted as saying that he does not want to slag off everything the last government did.

12. msr

msr LE

The National Debt is not the fault of the banks - it is the NATIONAL debt ;)

The near collapse of UK PLC was brought about by profligate spending i.e. more than the government was taking for the last 10 years.
  13. And it expect it to continue.

I think they've only found the proverbial odd few skeletons in the understair cupboard of Hannibal Lector's house.

They've yet to move on to the the various bedrooms, master suite and sound-proofed dungeon.

14. Sory BB but can't agree with you at all on this one, Labour have done severe damage to this country during the last 13 years of maladministration and putting it right will be painful.
  15. MSR - its the National Debt, but for years the banks have been privatising profits; they get it ( hideously ) wrong and they've managed to nationalise the losses.

"Oh but if you tax us, all the talent will leave London".

Bolleaux; if the banks had been allowed to collapse they'd be out of a job anyway. And I speak as a professionally qualified Banker.