Anyone Else Watching Channel 5?

Battle Scarred Solder Behind Bars.

Ex squaddies who got themselves in the shite and are now pulling the "PTSD card.
Oooh, I know, I've been in that Army for 6 years and killed someone with an axe, and a gun.

Bullshitting ****.

I'd love to smash the **** out of someone with an axe though. That would be well fun.

Imagine the blood splattering on your face and clothes as you hack into their head? Would you go for ankles or wrists first, or just smash straight into their swede?

What song would you sing?

T

Tremaine

Yeah, fcuking Jocks, and PTSD eh? Always the same. Bet PTSD was the main theme all the way through, every other word as Chris Terrill ,the former 50 year old Marine, talks to them. They're crooks alright, do the crime do the time but luckily, luckily now I said, they've got ignorant racist fcukwits on the other side.

Yeah, fcuking Jocks, and PTSD eh? Always the same. Bet PTSD was the main theme all the way through, every other word as Chris Terrill ,the former 50 year old Marine, talks to them. They're crooks alright, do the crime do the time but luckily, luckily now I said, they've got ignorant racist fcukwits on the other side.
That made sense.

I have a suspicion one of us is drunk as your post makes no ******* sense whatsoever.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Oooh, I know, I've been in that Army for 6 years and killed someone with an axe, and a gun.

Bullshitting ****.

I'd love to smash the **** out of someone with an axe though. That would be well fun.

Imagine the blood splattering on your face and clothes as you hack into their head? Would you go for ankles or wrists first, or just smash straight into their swede?

sounds like you are going civvy crazy - have you tried airsoft?

Bullshitting ****.

Ankles first. And the Johnny Mathis classic Wonderful Wonderful.

D

Davetheclown

Bullshitting ****.

Lumberjack song for the irony

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Take it to the NAAFI not the serious part.

T

Tremaine

I have a suspicion one of us is drunk as your post makes no ******* sense whatsoever.
It probably won't make sense to one or two intellectually challenged dimwits that inhabit Arrse, half cut and brain addled, so no surprise there. The bog standard smart arrse pseudo squaddie humourous reposte eh? No booze consumed here matey, you're on the wrong track. The point one was, that as usual, good current topics crop up on Arrse and immediately descend in to racist, bile spewing gash, meanwhile the latest hardcore Wankie Boyles spew forth their pish. Discuss the subject or don't, but FFS grow up.

Bullshitting ****.

While this deserves a thread all of its own, I would whistle "Don't Call Me Ni*ger, Whitey." by Sly & The Family Stone.

I found the documentary interesting to a point. I'm not sold on Chris Terill though.

Both of the lads featured, appeared on camera to face up to their crimes. One lad had reacted to his father being punched and in turn punched the assailant putting him into an acoma and an attempted murder charge. This kid, from his filmed gym session sequence could hit.

The other lad had committed murder in a drunken vengefull act. PTSD or it's variations were not brought into the discussions. Neither were short term prisoners and the lad who had committed murder had a further 4 years to serve.

The focus was on the Army training machine, which the female psychiatrist dutifully rationalised, was the 'default to violence' button when confronted with an aggressive situation, particularly when fuelled with alcohol, as both were at the time of incident.

The prison amenities were impressive, spacious, well ordered, single cells. Prisoners had access to trade skills training, further education and leisure/ hobby activities.
As a counterbalance to the 'prisoners' view, two further characters in the guise of Prison Managers', themselves, ex-military participated in the film. It started to get cliched at this point with the - " there but for the grace of God go I in-put " To emphasise this view, one of the Prison Managers had served with one of the prisoners.

I couldn't see the point of CT's film by the end, other than rubber neck into someone's circumstances on the pretence that it was purposefull and for the best of intentions; an object lesson for others.
Ex military looking after ex-military is what it came across as by the closing features. However If you into listening to other's hard luck story the film has a point, but to me, the only interesting one.

I served with the axe murderer, a nice guy to be honest, but an utter **** when drunk, he attacked a mate of mine when he came in off the piss mid week one night, the lad was fast a sleep in his pit at the time and awoke to a severe pummelling.

I would never forgive the little ****** for that, getting drunk down town and twatting someone is one thing but that was beyond the pale. I did have the pleasure of planting a few punches on him and dragging him down the the guard room.

I'm glad they didn't mention PTSD, it would be a joke as he spent most of his NI tour (well the Belfast part)in a drunken haze. He didn't suffer from PTSD but JDCD (Jock Drunk **** Disorder). He can't blame the army for his issues, he brought those in with him.

But like most suffers of JDCD, nice as pie when sober