Anyone else inherited £550,000 from non-existent relative?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by army_of_1, Nov 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sent from (Hotmail FFS!)

Check out the website. This loser's gone to some effort. What does worry me is that I go to seome length to keep this e-mail account from people like this and don't use it to sign up for anything. Anyone else have a similar experience? Feel free to send him warm replies in the way that only ARRSE can.

Oh well, I'm off to collect my half a million pounds. See you poor people later.
  2. msr

msr LE

3. lets fill his inbox!!!
  4. No, but I regularly get emails from nice people, albeit ones who can't speel very well offering me millions and trillions of dollars if I just send them my details and a little bit of money to ease the transfer process. I'd like to know who's been telling whoppers as they always tell me that I've been recommended as a trustworthy member of society! 8O :lol:
  5. this actually really upset me.

as some of you know i lost my mother 2 months ago, and i recieved an email "regarding the late (my surname) estate.
    i've actually had 3 of them now in the last few weeks. sick fcukers.
  6. Don't forget army that I have always loved you and find you a warm,loving ,kind,generous,giving,unselfish,bighearted etc person.
    in loving hope your adoring Hat!!!
  7. This is another version of the Nigerian scams (I think they're called 419s, after the legislation they contravene - something along that line anyway). This one is much better written than most, but as usual there are giveaway errors.

Current advice is under no circumstances reply, even if it's only to heap abuse on the sender.

I, however, got one from Uganda that I'm sure is genuine. Mr Olobu Mbangwa says he used to work for Idi Amin, and if I send him my bank details he'll forward a chunk of the former dictator's fortune to me. I replied a fortnight ago; can't wait for the wonga to come rolling in!
  8. Dynamic Law Chamber Attorneys:
    Barr.(Mrs) Susan Newton

This has got to be a man!!

9. Well done, Mr_Deputy! :D Our Compliance team regularly tells us not to play with them, but it is tempting...
  10. While this may come across as just a tad mercenary of me, if I had any relatives likely to leave me half a million in their will then they would be non-existant pretty quickly...oh yeah baby!
  11. Cuddles, if I didn't know better I'd think you were my brother! 8O
  12. Found this cracking one in Scam-orama and thought it deserved a mention for the
    good Captain's name alone !! :)

"From: Capt.Wellington Thomas []
    Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 2:04 PM

Dear Sir,

I write you this letter to solicit your help as I am a british soldier in dire need in Iraq.

I am Wellington Thomas, a Captain in The ROYAL MARINES deployed to Iraq to help facilitate a forceful change of the Sadam Hussein Regime in Iraq. I have served in Iraq now since the beginning of the war. I was previously attached to The British Marine Base in Germany before my deployment to Iraq. blah blah etc"
  13. I recently won 60K in the national lottery. Honest.

14. no, but I did inherit $950,000. from a united states senator that I`ve never meet. I can`t wait to start spending it.

TEL: +44(0) 7031903661

We act as solicitors and our services have been retained by late Sen. Strom
    Thurmond, here in after referred to as our client. On behalf of late Sen.
    Strom Thurmond, We write to notify you that my late client made you a
    beneficiary to the bequest sum of Nine Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars
    in the codicil to his will and last testament.

He died at the age of 100. This bequest is to support your activities,
    humanitarian services, help to the less-privileged and research work. In
    accordance with our inheritance laws you are required to apply for claims
    through this law firm to NatWest Bank United Kingdom, where this fund was
    deposited. We are perfecting arrangements to complete the transfer of this
    inheritance to you.

You are required to forward the following details of yours; full names,
    address, occupation, age and phone numbers for verification and
    re-confirmation. Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter

Yours sincerely,
    Dennis Holmes Esq.

Principal Attorney