Anyone else having issue browsing ARRSE with Firefox 72?

Downloaded the latest Firefox update today, whenever I scroll through threads, the following occurs. I don't have any addons installed yet and Chrome works fine.

Anyone else experiencing this issue out of interest?

ARRSE_Problems.PNG

I'm using FF 72.01, no problems

FF just did an update to 72.02 and still working fine.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
If you've tried turning it off and on again, I recommend cleaning the keyboard.
If you're using Firefox, you must remember to think in Russian...

Downloaded the latest Firefox update today, whenever I scroll through threads, the following occurs. I don't have any addons installed yet and Chrome works fine.

Anyone else experiencing this issue out of interest?

View attachment 445300
Yep, same here even though I'm running the latest version, 72.0.2. Maybe something to do with your Add-Ons.

I just close the session when this happens - then open Firefox again and the problem goes away.

Hope this helps

No addons.

Appears to be some sort of issue between the computer video card on my work computer, the ARRSE website and Firefox.

At home, ARRSE on Firefox gets along fine.

No addons.

Appears to be some sort of issue between the computer video card on my work computer, the ARRSE website and Firefox.

At home, ARRSE on Firefox gets along fine.
Is Firefox hardware acceleration enabled? If so, try turning it off then refresh the browser.

Thread Bump re Firefox.

Any techies here who can tell me why when using Firefox as my Browser / Search Engine, I click on the link and no matter what it won't fecking open? The exact same thing using Google Chrome or IE. Only on my laptop but not using my tablet.

WTF it's so annoying.

Thread Bump re Firefox.

Any techies here who can tell me why when using Firefox as my Browser / Search Engine, I click on the link and no matter what it won't fecking open? The exact same thing using Google Chrome or IE. Only on my laptop but not using my tablet.

WTF it's so annoying.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Thread Bump re Firefox.

WTF it's so annoying.
Given that you say the same thing happens using other browsers, I would suggest that the issue is related to your laptop.

Then give us a clue: which version of windows? When was it last updated? Have you run a different antivirus over it?
Windows 10 with automatic updates running. I've got the AVG Premium Internet Security and Anti Virus running with Automatic Scans and scheduled maintenance. System is 64 Bit.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox several times. I can open Firefox, type something into the search bar and it provides all the links. But no matter what, the links don't open, it just times out, then nothing.

Any help appreciated.

Windows 10 with automatic updates running. I've got the AVG Premium Internet Security and Anti Virus running with Automatic Scans and scheduled maintenance. System is 64 Bit.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox several times. I can open Firefox, type something into the search bar and it provides all the links. But no matter what, the links don't open, it just times out, then nothing.

Any help appreciated.
Uninstall AVG and see if that fixes it. My hunch is that their link scanner is causing the problems you describe.

Once uninstalled, make sure you have Windows / MIcrosoft Defender running and run a full scan

1. In the Settings window, click Update & Security, and then click the Windows Defender option on the left side.
  2. In the Windows Defender dialog box that appears, click Open Windows Defender Security Center.
  3. In the window that appears, click the Virus and Threat Protection button on the left side (it’s shaped like a shield).
  4. Click the Quick Scan button.
    Windows Defender scans your computer and reports any findings.
  5. Click Advanced Scan in the Windows Defender Security Center window to choose among a full scan, a custom scan, or an offline scan.
    Windows Defender scans your laptop according to your choice and reports any findings.

How to Run a Scan on Your Windows 10 Laptop with Windows Defender - dummies

Last edited:

Latest Threads