Anyone else had this problem with the GF

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by dead_end25, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently applying to the army and I strongly believe it is what I want to do.

Bit of background: Me and my girlfriend have been together for just over 7 years and it hasnt been easy for us financially. This is mainly because I can never settle in one job and have had over 30 since we got together. It would be unfair to say it all went wrong after I met her but before I had money, friends and freedom. Now because of the fact I dont have any money we never go out, do anything ect ect.. Things are desperate!

Now with my 25th birthday approaching things are coming to a head. I have met other people joining the army and I have already been to pirbright for selection and it just makes me feel stronger that this is what I want and I actually enjoyed myself but the girlfriend says that this aint what she signed up for but when I ask her if she wants me to keep going in and out of jobs it starts a huge row.
    How can I make her understand

2. Headbutt?

3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Mag to Grid mate. Get your ARRSE in the green and you'll get more than your fair share of girls and what the hell are you doing at 25 being under the thumb? You've got at least a decade of shagging around in you for fuck sake before you should be thinking of settling down.

4. As you've got commitment problems why not join the TA?

5. :D :D :D :D

6. More importantly what do you want, a new career, money & good prospects.
    Or dead end jobs not leading to much?
    It's a no brainer really!

7. Ditch her now! I made the same mistake you are now contemplating now 26 years ago and am having to suffer the, oh so witty, quips of 5A and others ever since. Join up now. If she really loves you she will stick by you, if she doesn't, she sounds like the control freak you have painted her as; your life will be a misery and you will regret not joining up for the rest of your natural.

No brainer! :wink:

8. Join the Army. however thick/selfish she is, she'll get the good news then!

9. Post some pics of your gf on here and we'll be able to give you a more informed and appropriate answer.

10. Do you have to pay her or summit?
    Join, pass her round the boys and this time you get to collect the reward,

PS try not to mention coming and head in the same sentence on this site. It gives out a different vibe.

11. ATLEAST A DECADE... Well im planning a couple and im 20 ;)

12. Love it. :D

13. Don't you dare throw away the chance to join the army..if my boyfriend wanted to join the army for whatever reason, i'd be right there to support him in every way possible. If you don't you'll regret it for the rest of your life, and i think that deep down you know that already. Leave the girl. It already sounds like you've answered your own question; by the way you've described her anyway (!!)
    Just go for it..And don't worry about getting yourself another girl if that's another issue for you, there's plenty of single lady soldiers out there for you, and she's more than likely to have more things in common with you...
    good luck!!

14. I have a similar problem with my GF, I have already joined up and she won't take it up the wrong 'un- anyone else experienced this?

15. YES, even though you are away, she still wont take it up the wrong un.