Anyone else getting bored of these things

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bad_Crow, Jan 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got emailed this load of crap today:

Guess I will not be drinking Starbucks anymore! ! !

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request
    that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that
    Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in
    the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting
    street-to-street and house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will never know. Thanks very much for your support.I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.
    Sgt. Howard C. Wright
    1st Force Recon Co
    1st Plt PLT

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers and Starbucks charged them! !

I'm getting sick to death of reading this crap. Not because i agree with the content either. I wish people would stop making the armed forces out to be in the same league as starving African kids who need the world to feel sorry for them. So fcuking what if Starbucks want to be tight fisted cnuts.

I'm sick of people assuming that all troops will be outraged by this tosh. (Ohhh B_C's in the army he'll throw his teddy in the corner about this maybe he should know) To the Marine in question, stop assuming because you're at war you deserve everything for free. Write to a different firm who may say yes.

My point not that i ever dring is starbucks, however if i was hank marvin and that was the only place for a brew and a butty they'd still be getting my money, even if the head shed are cnuts.
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It's not as if it's true anyway, as these things tend not to be. I blame the fuckwits who pass this stuff on without engaging their brain first (not you B_C, the person that sent it to you :D ).

3. The story's balls anyway B_C, it was in the Int Cell a few weeks back.

I never get them type of emails anyway, because I'm a cnut and no-ones bothers to email me.
  4. It's the same as those emails saying if you send this email on MSN will pay you 10 bucks for every recipient etc. And the mugs do it. Unbelievable.
  5. Agreed. Not recieved any of these mails though, but that link to snopes thing was bloody funny to read through
  6. I will drink Starbucks, because I like it, couldn't give a toss what they do with their profits.
  7. Pile of sh1te one member of arrse is the facitiles manager for the middle east cant see him allowing it to happen
  8. I'm outraged.

RIP starbucks, there is one more angel in heaven now you're gone.
  9. I will raise your RIP with outraged of Tunbridge wells
  10. That address or unit looks a bit suspect to me too.

I read that:

Sgt Wright H.C
    1st Force Recon Company
    1st Platoon, PLATOON.

Of what unit???

I also believe it to be bollox, however people are stupid enough to think this kind of thing gives me an anurism (spelling).

This is on par with that gay squaddy poem about him sleeping on the floor in his gaff. It doesn't mention he's on the floor because he's swamped his bed, or that he lives alone because he's divorced due to being a Serial sh@gger!
  11. False - check it with Snopes or Hoax Slayer CLICKY THINGY

If you can be arrsed to look at the article in Snopes you will see that it gets much worse, especially if you are Starbucks

edit for mong spelign
  12. Yep. Heard of this one a while back and it is bullshit.