Anyone else expecting to lose their job?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Sentinel, Jan 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else expecting to lose their job this year? I work in London for a large public sector organisation and am just sitting around waiting for the dreaded day to arrive. To be honest I hate the job and being made redundant will be a relief - it's just that it pays the bills.

I'm hoping to use the TA as a fall back position to earn some money whilst I look for a job - do HGV, drops and then a tour and hopefully use that money to cover me until I find a job again.

Anyone else in a similar position?
  2. I'm fully expecting to lose my job this year. I'm currently applying to join the regular army, so hopefully I won't find myself out of work.
  3. I'm being made redundant in March actually.

I too will be falling back on the TA and going on a tour.
  4. Why not look into FTRS?
  5. Yep been waiting a while now there are 4 of us on my job and they wanna scale it down to 2 so its just waiting till they get the equipt that will replace us up and running and then they will tell us who is going.
    If its me i will wipe my arrse with the bosses computer mouse and drink the bottle of chivers reagal he hides in his desk the barsuard, not to mention what i will do to his missus when i crash the next company party. :twisted:
    I have no idea what am gonna do theres no decent paid jobs about and my arrse is getting too big to get back in the army so I may sell my house and go bum some fat bint in thailand or something.
    If I get to stay I may still wipe my arse on the bosses computer mouse and blame it on my collegue who gets the boot :lol:
  6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I'd say I have about a 30% chance of losing my job - if you are concerned you should take out insurance against being made redundant or being sacked - doesn't count if you resign.

Post office has one that costs £5.00 per £100 payable - so £500 a month for 12 months costs you £25 a month.
  7. I used to work for the premier credit card company & one of my friends there has just lost his position. I lost my last job at another company last year, the graduates being first on the firing line… Fortunately I'm in a recession proof industry now. :)

8. wow... please tell me more, i like the idea of that job :?
  9. Teacher?
  10. Probably reposessions!
  11. Try looking on the RAOL it's the Xcel programme at the top of the documents on the right
  12. I got made redundantin September last year after more than 10 years at my place. I used the time to boost my fitness.
  13. For anyone who thinks they are in a "recession proof industry" may I remind people of those crisp bag "waterproofs" they used to issue? Well they were water proof up to a point but it is all relative. Some jobs may be garry goretex, bells and whistles...others are lightly showerproof. however there is no item of water-proof clothing that is 100% dry. Just so it is with recession proofing.

There endeth the sermon, the parable of the anoraks as I like to think of it...go and sin no more...than you normally do.
  14. Actually old boy I believe there is one industry that's water proof, by name & nature... :wink:

15. my job is damp 8O