Anyone else expecting to lose their job?

Anyone else expecting to lose their job this year? I work in London for a large public sector organisation and am just sitting around waiting for the dreaded day to arrive. To be honest I hate the job and being made redundant will be a relief - it's just that it pays the bills.

I'm hoping to use the TA as a fall back position to earn some money whilst I look for a job - do HGV, drops and then a tour and hopefully use that money to cover me until I find a job again.

Anyone else in a similar position?

I'm fully expecting to lose my job this year. I'm currently applying to join the regular army, so hopefully I won't find myself out of work.

Why not look into FTRS?

Yep been waiting a while now there are 4 of us on my job and they wanna scale it down to 2 so its just waiting till they get the equipt that will replace us up and running and then they will tell us who is going.
If its me i will wipe my arrse with the bosses computer mouse and drink the bottle of chivers reagal he hides in his desk the barsuard, not to mention what i will do to his missus when i crash the next company party. :twisted:
I have no idea what am gonna do theres no decent paid jobs about and my arrse is getting too big to get back in the army so I may sell my house and go bum some fat bint in thailand or something.
If I get to stay I may still wipe my arse on the bosses computer mouse and blame it on my collegue who gets the boot :lol:

D

Deleted 20555

I'd say I have about a 30% chance of losing my job - if you are concerned you should take out insurance against being made redundant or being sacked - doesn't count if you resign.

Post office has one that costs £5.00 per £100 payable - so £500 a month for 12 months costs you £25 a month.

I used to work for the premier credit card company & one of my friends there has just lost his position. I lost my last job at another company last year, the graduates being first on the firing line… Fortunately I'm in a recession proof industry now. :)

-DC

Dashing_Chap said:
I used to work for the premier credit card company & one of my friends there has just lost his position. I lost my last job at another company last year, the graduates being first on the firing line… Fortunately I'm in a recession proof industry now. :)

-DC
Teacher?

Try looking on the RAOL it's the Xcel programme at the top of the documents on the right

I got made redundantin September last year after more than 10 years at my place. I used the time to boost my fitness.

For anyone who thinks they are in a "recession proof industry" may I remind people of those crisp bag "waterproofs" they used to issue? Well they were water proof up to a point but it is all relative. Some jobs may be garry goretex, bells and whistles...others are lightly showerproof. however there is no item of water-proof clothing that is 100% dry. Just so it is with recession proofing.

There endeth the sermon, the parable of the anoraks as I like to think of it...go and sin no more...than you normally do.

Cuddles said:
For anyone who thinks they are in a "recession proof industry" may I remind people of those crisp bag "waterproofs" they used to issue? Well they were water proof up to a point but it is all relative. Some jobs may be garry goretex, bells and whistles...others are lightly showerproof. however there is no item of water-proof clothing that is 100% dry. Just so it is with recession proofing.

There endeth the sermon, the parable of the anoraks as I like to think of it...go and sin no more...than you normally do.
Actually old boy I believe there is one industry that's water proof, by name & nature... :wink:

-DC

My Job is looking like is in danger.. so being a DROPS Driver I have tried for a tour, can I get a Tour?!
Have asked and got no where! And they are short of Guys for Ops??

Dashing_Chap said:
Cuddles said:

Actually old boy I believe there is one industry that's water proof, by name & nature... :wink:

-DC
Submariner?

Dashing_Chap said:
Cuddles said:

-DC
Wessex Water have been laying folk off in the SW...I cannot comment on other water companies. Because I canot be arrsed to google them!

Sentinel said:
Anyone else expecting to lose their job this year? I work in London for a large public sector organisation and am just sitting around waiting for the dreaded day to arrive. To be honest I hate the job and being made redundant will be a relief - it's just that it pays the bills.

I'm hoping to use the TA as a fall back position to earn some money whilst I look for a job - do HGV, drops and then a tour and hopefully use that money to cover me until I find a job again.

Anyone else in a similar position?
I would of thought public sector types would of been more secure in employment at the moment, also be mindful of your daily rate of pay with the TA which i suspect will be a lot lower than what you could earn on civvy street even through a agency.

mind you if you do fancy FTRS, the fire station needs a lick of paint!