Anyone else been offered Saddam's money?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by scaryspice, Feb 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Apologies if this has already been posted (quick look couldn't see it :) )

I'm thrilled to have had this offer by e-mail earlier today
    Anyone else?? Worth winding up?? :D

Scary

2. He's definitely a jurno. His grammar is poor. I'll help him move the money. As long as he's interested it storing large sums in the Anchor Inn then I'm his man. (£2.70 for Stella! A bloody disgrace!)

3. He's fücking lying... OldSnowy and I have got it. :D

4. has any one replyed yet, asking for more information..... :)

5. What a pile of poo. It reminds me of the one that was going around a couple of months ago from a supposed African prince who was looking to get his fortune out of his country.
    BORING 8O

6. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Yeah Brandy, I think that was kind of my point :D

I quite often get these - usually from nigerians ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS - they're called 419s and I'm well aware of how dull they are.

Just this is the first time I've seen the military angle used - and did you note the bit at the bottom saying how the e-mail in question was posted?

Not QUITE so boring as the usual sort then? :wink:

Scary

7. I wasn't implying you were boring Scary Spice. I meant those people who send these types of e-mails.
    You are right, it is an interesting angle. Am now chuckling to myself thinking of those Americans who will get taken in by this.

8. Had one similar some months ago. It was from, a lance corporal in the marines, same sort of thing, we found this stolen money and need your help to try and spend it. It was well written but the L/Cpl written in full gave it away. I think it was sent a little after we saw pictures of US soldiers with a truckload of money that had been found. It would assume that we are all crooks and would see nothing wrong it partaking in theft.

The disturbing thing was that they had my address and name from another internet site and it was addressed to me in person.

9. Worrying that they can get e-mail addresses so easily eh?