ANYONE CURRENTLY DOING A UNIVERSITY HNC/D IT COURSE !!!!

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by dave2927, Sep 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grateful if anyone doing the above civvy qual, could provide me with any information.

2. Years ago I did a HNC is IS, then HND but got posted and was unable to continue to Degree. Most colleges the HNC/HND/Degree is all mized so just start HNC and if you still have energy left, do a few more modules for HND and same again, a few more modules and a dicertation and onto defree.

3. Thank you for that advice, having looked at the modules ..your advice is very wise, many thanks

4. engr172

engr172 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Did mine a couple of years ago. What do you need to know? If I can help, fire away mate

5. Did mine a few years ago as well, what questions you got?

6. Just passed the Open Uni Diploma in ICT last year. But you have to have completed a 60 pointer level 2 course and a 60 pointer level 3 course to get it (I think). Realistically, you can do that in 2 years - I did T209 (ICT) and T305 Digital Comms - and they're both good courses.

7. PD how did you find the OU modules, I'm looking at the CCNA one which is a 30 pointer, level 2 over 6 months? I haven't really done a great deal since my class 1 so am wondering how I will get on.

8. To be honest, T209 was quite easy, as a lot of it is fairly easy ICT concepts like how web technology has affected lives, how encryption works and so on. T305 was far harder, I didn't like the maths at all - probability and reliability graphs etc, but the applied stuff like switching/routing algorithms, multiplexing and fibre optics were easier to get into my thick head. I can send you some of my assignments on both courses if you PM me - so you can see the sort of stuff that's involved.

BTW - there's loads of stuff online to help with CCNA. Check out techrepublic.com. Good luck.