Anyone called up for Afghanistan yet?

Has anyone been compulsorilly mobilised for Afghanistan yet? I'm told that a trawl might go out for 'intelligent mobilisation' soon and I'm thinking of volunteering (so long as I can be compulsorilly mobilised - my civvy job might be shit but I need it to pay the bills).

If anyone is out there already, hows it going? Hope to go as a psychiatric nurse.

Er, if we're going in costume, I'm going as Maximus Decimus Meridius...

As msr is likely to point out shortly, there is no 'compulsary mobilisation'. There are plenty of volunteer oportunities, however, so fill your boots.

We've been given until April 08 to decide wether to volunteer or not for a company strength tour...

I've applied to go as a Bishop as have just received my kevlar mitre from Silvermans. I'd love to go as a pyschiatric nurse but I couldn't spell it properly!

Anyway, I'm still ready to go!

P

Runner said:
Has anyone been compulsorilly mobilised for Afghanistan yet? I'm told that a trawl might go out for 'intelligent mobilisation' soon and I'm thinking of volunteering (so long as I can be compulsorilly mobilised - my civvy job might be s*** but I need it to pay the bills).

If anyone is out there already, hows it going? Hope to go as a psychiatric nurse.
I've think I've spotted what might hold you back.

eSeL said:
Er, if we're going in costume, I'm going as Maximus Decimus Meridius...

As msr is likely to point out shortly, there is no 'compulsary mobilisation'. There are plenty of volunteer oportunities, however, so fill your boots.

We've been given until April 08 to decide wether to volunteer or not for a company strength tour...
I'll jion you but only if I can go as Biggus Dickis

Runner said:
Has anyone been compulsorilly mobilised for Afghanistan yet? I'm told that a trawl might go out for 'intelligent mobilisation' soon and I'm thinking of volunteering (so long as I can be compulsorilly mobilised - my civvy job might be s*** but I need it to pay the bills).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but they don't appear to be calling up TA Mental Health Staff at the moment, either compulsory or volunteer. Regulars and the Navy(!) are covering Iraq and Afghanistan for the forseeable future.

I do hear that there might be a few posts going at Chilwell though.

Enough!

I think MSR wants to be Spartacus. :D :D

Nope he is that big fella with the bongos on the boat!

invisiblehelper said:
Runner - this is a wahh ..right? If not then PM me...I know someone that can help!
Neuroleptic - passing rumours is a bad thing! I will have you know that the MHT at Chilwell has expanded by 200%...they now have a clerk (a real one too) and an assistant. They spent weks trawling all of the available trained staff to go and work there. They compared them to those that currently work there and those who had worked there before. They now employ someone who is apparently better than them all put together....a Basset hound named Amber!
She is apparently doing very well!
So it's not just a rumour then!

But the no TA MH staff for Ops atm comes from a source I'd consider reliable. Unless you know different?

On second thoughts, I'll go as Speckled Jim, the company carrier pidgeon...