Anyone called up for Afghanistan yet?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Runner, Aug 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone been compulsorilly mobilised for Afghanistan yet? I'm told that a trawl might go out for 'intelligent mobilisation' soon and I'm thinking of volunteering (so long as I can be compulsorilly mobilised - my civvy job might be shit but I need it to pay the bills).

If anyone is out there already, hows it going? Hope to go as a psychiatric nurse.

2. Er, if we're going in costume, I'm going as Maximus Decimus Meridius...

As msr is likely to point out shortly, there is no 'compulsary mobilisation'. There are plenty of volunteer oportunities, however, so fill your boots.

We've been given until April 08 to decide wether to volunteer or not for a company strength tour...

3. I've applied to go as a Bishop as have just received my kevlar mitre from Silvermans. I'd love to go as a pyschiatric nurse but I couldn't spell it properly!

Anyway, I'm still ready to go!

P

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Called up yet? Ours are due home soon! Definately no nursing, much more sharp and pointy end stuff!

5. I've think I've spotted what might hold you back.

6. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

I'll jion you but only if I can go as Biggus Dickis

7. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but they don't appear to be calling up TA Mental Health Staff at the moment, either compulsory or volunteer. Regulars and the Navy(!) are covering Iraq and Afghanistan for the forseeable future.

I do hear that there might be a few posts going at Chilwell though.

8. ooohhhh errrrrrr missus 8O 8O

9. I am Spartacus

10. No! I'm Spartacus

11. msr

msr LE

Enough!

12. I think MSR wants to be Spartacus. :D :D

13. Nope he is that big fella with the bongos on the boat!

14. yes baas, :D

15. So it's not just a rumour then!

But the no TA MH staff for Ops atm comes from a source I'd consider reliable. Unless you know different?