Anyone buy one of these?!

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by mmm-babies-heads, Aug 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was rummaging through some old stuff the other day and came across this little beauty. Well, when I say beauty, I could of course say it was pure silk and beautifully hand stitched and cost a fortune to buy and send home from 'mummys little soldier' but it didn't! wasn't and isn't.

This was one of a range of tacky things which you could buy from, I believe, it was the Naafi and not PRI or anything, at Southwood Camp.

It's thirty three years old and was returned to me a while ago as the recipient is no longer with us. I,at least, have a good reason for it getting returned but anyone get one back with a 'Dear John' from your Doris at the time and still got it?
    Again, another memory lane trip for some. (Sappers)

I am still a professional buggerer upperer of photo size thingies, see what happens.

Attached Files:

2. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yep, you buggered it up what ever it was :D

3. Unusual for me that! Stand by!

4. 'Kinell! Got there eventually. There must be an easier way so I can see how big the pic is in KB instead of piggin pixels. Bearing in mind I'm utterly thick!

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Jesus mate! sorry to hear about your loss. But that is one dammed ugly doylie.

Me I just used to give me mum my Dhobi, seemed to keep her happy.

6. Jesus! About the only way that could be more tacky was if it was a thong. ..... worn by my mum.

7. You must have been there at the same time as me I remember them well now youve reminded me

8. WTF is THAT thing doing in our beloved Corps Forum?!!!!!

Remove asap to the Rear Party please before we get a bad name... 8O

9. I remember them as well, I sent my mother something similar not with a heart on it though, before any of you smart aarses start.

That was 38 years ago.

10. Memories of 68...

11. Mate, I was considering putting it in the 'them' forum (if we had one) but they would have nothing so distinguished to drool over. Nor anyone for that matter.
    I will top myself for bringing shame upon the Corps but fully intend to resurrect myself in four days if only to show the rest of the services community that we used to be nothing less than human once upon a time.

I really hadn't realised just how shite that article was and have abused myself accordingly to make me feel better.
    I've found a re-usable condom with the Corps motif on it that I have charge of for a while but have decided to avoid the controversy and keep it in my bedside table until further notice.

May I just inform fellow sappers that I went to visit a friend from Iserlohn days over 25 yrs ago yesterday and have nothing to report other than we got shit faced and didn't feel well this morning. Thankyou!

12. Tacky.................. on 2 shillings a week or was it less! It was the dogs bollocks of fashion at the time! I have no intention of flagellating myself for this. Couldnt even afford a one of them transistor radios - sad eh! (even had to go to the sally army meetings to get a free tea and wad).

13. Sorry to intrude Sappers, but as an ex Recy Mech I think that's a nice touch. :wink:

14. Bless you Taff! We know you speak the truth! At the time I bought it though, I thought my Mum would be chuffed to rocks but we have to face the bare truth when it confronts us with hard faced realism. They were as tacky as a tacky thing in a tacky competition of the tackiest tacky things involving tacky objects.
    She never said anything though!

15. Now having been confronted by this awful truth I realise I must be in self denial............ oh the shame of it!! My mother never mentioned it either.... bless.