Anyone been to Sennybridge and seen this?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Sonic67, Sep 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. National Theatre Wales on stage at army base - Channel 4 News

National Theatre Wales on stage at army base

The intermittent sound of gunfire will provide a backdrop to a new production from the National Theatre Wales, writes Channel 4 News reporter Stephanie West.

It's unavoidable, because the play is being staged in the middle of an army firing range, in a replica village built in the heart of the beautiful but challenging terrain of the Brecon Beacons.

2. Absolutely... hubris abounds at Sennybridge, especially among various COs

3. "Considered to be the oldest recorded play, it focuses on the return of a defeated Persian king, Xerxes, and blames his losses on his unrealistic expectations and hubris."

How topical!

4. Well there's lovely!

5. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

How long has Sennybridge been on the Beacons, news to me I thought it was on Eppynt

6. Proposed name; 'The Tropper Memorial Storytelling Shed'

7. There, fixed that for you.

8. To be followed by another ten.

9. Is there some form of kennel for his black cat?

10. No, no; it's not a cat, it's a panther.

11. Typical media accuracy... The Persians is the oldest surviving drama - but drama festivals at Athens had been recorded for over sixty years previously (the first being supposedly won by a dramatist named Thespis, hence our term thespian), and there is some evidence of dramatic performances of some description in Egypt during the second millennium BC.

12. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Tropper might be gone but his "Cats" haven't

Attached Files:

13. Aww, how cute! What are their names, Xerxes and Alexander?

14. "The play is being staged in the middle of an army firing range, in a replica village built in the heart of the beautiful but challenging terrain of the Brecon Beacons."

A tad confused. Was it the National Theatre of Wales or just Miss West who found the terrain "challenging"?

[​IMG]

Channel 4 sending an Arts producer/director to Sennybridge seems a bit unkind. Especially one "challenged" in the lung capacity department. Sorry, the picture doesn't really help.

Conversely, if I were a Welsh thespian I wouldn't admit to being "challenged" by scenery.

B

15. No, no it isn't one panther, it is a leap of them!