Anyone been to Sennybridge and seen this?

National Theatre Wales on stage at army base - Channel 4 News

National Theatre Wales on stage at army base

The intermittent sound of gunfire will provide a backdrop to a new production from the National Theatre Wales, writes Channel 4 News reporter Stephanie West.

It's unavoidable, because the play is being staged in the middle of an army firing range, in a replica village built in the heart of the beautiful but challenging terrain of the Brecon Beacons.

National Theatre Wales on stage at army base - Channel 4 News

National Theatre Wales on stage at army base

The intermittent sound of gunfire will provide a backdrop to a new production from the National Theatre Wales, writes Channel 4 News reporter Stephanie West.

It's unavoidable, because the play is being staged in the middle of an army firing range, in a replica village built in the heart of the beautiful but challenging terrain of the Brecon Beacons.
Absolutely... hubris abounds at Sennybridge, especially among various COs

"Considered to be the oldest recorded play, it focuses on the return of a defeated Persian king, Xerxes, and blames his losses on his unrealistic expectations and hubris."

How topical!

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
How long has Sennybridge been on the Beacons, news to me I thought it was on Eppynt

Proposed name; 'The Tropper Memorial Storytelling Shed'

To be followed by another ten.

Is there some form of kennel for his black cat?

No, no; it's not a cat, it's a panther.

Considered to be the oldest recorded play, it focuses on the return of a defeated Persian king, Xerxes, and blames his losses on his unrealistic expectations and hubris."
Typical media accuracy... The Persians is the oldest surviving drama - but drama festivals at Athens had been recorded for over sixty years previously (the first being supposedly won by a dramatist named Thespis, hence our term thespian), and there is some evidence of dramatic performances of some description in Egypt during the second millennium BC.

Aww, how cute! What are their names, Xerxes and Alexander?

"The play is being staged in the middle of an army firing range, in a replica village built in the heart of the beautiful but challenging terrain of the Brecon Beacons."

A tad confused. Was it the National Theatre of Wales or just Miss West who found the terrain "challenging"?

Channel 4 sending an Arts producer/director to Sennybridge seems a bit unkind. Especially one "challenged" in the lung capacity department. Sorry, the picture doesn't really help.

Conversely, if I were a Welsh thespian I wouldn't admit to being "challenged" by scenery.

B

They'll bugger up the performances; lying in front of the footlights to keep warm.

Latest Threads