Anyone been to paderborne, Germany before?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by stallion_max, Mar 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If any of you have been to to paderborne can you tell me about the rifles barracks there if you know anything about? what the weather is like in winter and summer? What the night life is like? And what its generally like up there? Cheers
  2. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

It's passed Basic?
  3. never been there.............

Currently based in Paderborn mind, don't know if that's anywhere near!
  4. blue-sophist

On the Central Line, IIRC ... two stops after Holborn.
  5. Mornington Crescent
  6. Oxford Circus?
  7. stop it bullies you know what he meant :wink:

Paderborn isnt too bad a place, i spent a few years next door in Sennelager (probably the best lager in the world). I used to go up to the Infantry camp to help coach Paderborn United kids football, its not to bad a camp but was quite old buildings.

Germany is great place to be and a lot to do.

Speak to the hive who will give you lots of details on the place.
  8. blue-sophist

Happy-Bonzo gets 2 extra points, in memory of Fluffy_Bunny and the Mornington Crescent [Military] thread.

meanwhile ... is it a wah?
  9. I was in Paderborn many moons ago in what is now the Rifles barracks. In those days the weather in the summer was sort of........ summery and in the winter, you would probably have to say.......... wintery. Night life probably similar now to then at a guess

Strange how two similarly named places both have Rifles barracks..............
  10. Paderborn is the dog's danglies. Spent 3 years there and had a great time.
  11. blue-sophist

The original question was about barracks and night life ... not kids footie and the Hive. 8O

This is either a WAH, or a newbie who's all nervous about going abroad and wondering how he can get [a] pi66ed and laid with the same regularity he's accustomed to.

Stallion ... get a grip of your self, be brave, and just get out there and DO IT. :roll:
  12. Alanbrooke is bulshitsville at the moment, you would think with us not sharing a camp with the REME and RE like the PWRR do we could tone the **** stuff right down but the current RSM and Provo (and his little bald pet) are right on it at the moment.

Believe me, don't DARE rock up without twisters, wearing a smock, in non issue boots or with no lining in your beret.

As for the weather, cold in the winter fucking redders in the summer, town is a drunken stagger from camp and the birds are all dirty. Enjoy!

Oh, if your rocking up while we're in BATUS then STAG ON CROW!
  13. blue-sophist

Good call, Tiddle.

More info here ... ABOUT PADERBORN

14. Paderborn should be fine: I would have thought that any posting to Euroland has got to be better than the UK.
    The only thing to watch out for is if you want to take your wife / girl friend with you, or if by any chance you are a bean-flicker, and you happen to meet a kindly chap who seems keen on shooting, boozing, footy, and crumpeting and just happens to be wearing strange head gear...

edit: Mong spelling

Attached Files:

15. Cheers for your constructive critisism B-S I was just pointing out with reference the kids football was not actually posted in the camp but went there weekly to do football coaching. With reference the hive however you can get great information off of them regarding night life, areas around a posting and different cultural differences if you have never been to that country before. Thats for both pads and singlies, old CNUTS like us know this but young lads passing training dont so was just offering hints.