Anybody work for/ has contacts with a US special effects company?

Fat Driver

Old-Salt
I would like a company polo shirt from a US special effects (ILM etc) company to give to a nephew to wind up the BiL, if any of our US friends could help that would be smashing.( I will pay I don't expect it for free)

I would like a company polo shirt from a US special effects (ILM etc) company to give to a nephew to wind up the BiL, if any of our US friends could help that would be smashing.( I will pay I don't expect it for free)
If you just want any branding that gives the impression that he works in SFX then you can your own made up

Costs do rock up on a single item with customisation - for example a Polo that says “Starting from” at about £8 for an embroidered logo suddenly gets to about £28 customised and posted

If you go ahead, I can supposedly get a ‘refer a friend’ link which would save you a whopping £3 and give me a credit of £10
I’ve had a fleece made up with them customised with an embroidered logo and am very happy with its quality and their service. You get the standard service of being given proof images showing the stitching pattern before it goes ahead, but they gave me ‘extra’ service clarifying the order as I was having a black fleece with a black embroidered logo. They were confirming that I was ordering the right thing, but the stitching on fleece gives a good contrast so it was what I wanted

PS looking back at it, I used a discount code - FB10 .... which appears to be just under 10%, perhaps it’s 10% off before VAT or 10% off before postage

5C2E8BC9-CA78-490D-8FD6-5F9892240D78.jpeg3A803D76-8693-4B3D-8BDF-5645DE226556.jpegB0DCBF31-5FAD-4FEF-8DDE-E20B6FCE977A.jpeg

I’m not really XXL, I was not absolutely certain on sizing guides and erred on the side of caution, which makes it a bit big, but it allows me to put the fleece over any amount of layers, and with my wonky finger that doesn’t like the cold I can drop the cuff over my hand

You're looking in the wrong place. All the best SFX/CGI companies are based in the UK, largely around Soho.

The daughter know some people in the industry as she wants to work in movie editing when she graduates. You will be lucky to get much in the way of specific film related clothing as that is considered like a badge of achievement by the recipients so the don't give the stuff away lightly.

Film hardware suppliers and some studios have stuff they flog off to punters if you use your google fu.

Here ===> https://www.filmtools.com/more/apparel/shirts.html

Fat Driver

Old-Salt
I don't want anything film specific, I just need to wind up the BiL who isn't the most encouraging of dad's with his sons future careers.

Latest Threads