Anybody work for DfT?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by EWD-STAB, Feb 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,

I've been reading this site avidly for weeks and eventually got round to joining.
    So I shall immediately launch into a barrage of ill thought out and repetitive question!
    I'm lucky enough to work for one of the off shoots of the DfT and am trying to find out the policy regarding reservists across the wider "family". My little agency doesn't give any additional leave or dispensations for those of us who want to do our bit, and I'm looking for ammunition to use in my campaign to get this addressed. So I would be grateful if anyone has any information or examples of a brighter better world. I fear this will be a long and ultimately futile battle, the joys of the civil service. But hey, it will keep me busy for a while.

2. msr

msr LE

3. I work for TfL and get two weeks off for annual camp with top-up pay. I don't get any extra time off though so have to use my own annual leave to collect kit or do special to role weekends etc. If you PM me your work e-mail address I'll send you a copy of the TfL policy on reservists.
  4. Thanks for the offer Sentinel pm inbound, and MSR for the pointer. Batting on a sticky wicket really I suspect, as they aren't overly keen on me participating at all let alone helping me out. Still you don't ask, you don't get!