Anybody want a floppy?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Biscuits_Brown, Jul 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The only trouble is all 30 are being sold as a job lot.where the f**k are you goning to park them

2. Pitch in and found 666 Sqn. AAC (Arrse Air Corps)?

3. With thirty airframes, engines etc you probably have a better than evens chance of getting one flying regularly...probably.

4. But we haven't got any drivers :p

5. I only want one, and how much are they? I reckon I could fly a helicopter, can't be that hard, can it?

6. According to the aviation press their not in bad nick, a couple have been in a hanger in Shawbery for years, so may not have that many hours on them

7. As I am in my '80's I have had a floppy for years..................but don't like to talk about it!

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Didn't realise that they'd been disbanded 'til I read that.

Resurrect the sods, the name was always good for a giggle!

9. Though apparently according to the PPrune thread on them you'd never get one CA rated anyway and they're very expensive to maintain.

10. I think we may regret flogging them soon. Seeing how the Gazelle is now staying with us for at least another 5+ years.....

11. I used 666 Sqn Scouts on quite a few reccies - loved them to bits

12. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Aye heard you walked into the bedroom and found your wife doing handstands when you asked her why she said "Well if you can't get it up maybe you can drop it in"

Will this be the usual get rid of all the half decent ones and keep the shite then spend a bucket load of cash on them to keep them airworthy?

13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You are in MoD Procurement and I claim my overdue £3.87m!

14. Damned decent of MoD though. They'll even gift wrap them for you.

[​IMG]