Anybody take Max Bygraves in the dead pool?

CountryGal

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His close friend, comedian Jimmy Tarbuck, described Bygraves as "one of the greats of British entertainment".

Really? I thought he was shit.

G

goatrutar

Never fucking heard of either of them. Was he important? Should I be outraged or grief stricken?
I need someone to think of an opinion for me.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Is this a record?

Fifth response, already onto someone else.

Tarby with the big Derby was not a giant of British humour but then I didn't think Max Bygraves being bygones is such a topic for discussion either.

Standing back...

Is this a record?

Fifth response, already onto someone else.

Tarby with the big Derby was not a giant of British humour but then I didn't think Max Bygraves being bygones is such a topic for discussion either.

Standing back...
Aye,but you need to remember when they were at their peak,everything was in black and white,there were two yes two television channels.A lot pf people made their own entertainment.Seeing these types on the telly was a real treat.

T'was the era of the Variety all-rounder.Half-decent singer, comedian, dancer etc.Didn't excel in any.RIP.

You'll be telling us next that a dingo got him.

Apart from being a shit games show host, he was a 'king crab, 'uck him, I wasn't in his will.

Is that the Aussie replacement double act 'Ivan and Bradley'?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
For those philistines - and young blades - who claim never to have heard of Max Bygraves, I suggest you get a copy of my upcoming book 'The Smell of Sunday Dinner', a tribute to comedy when it was fun.

And if you had never seen him perform, especially live, then your opinions are worth as much as mine are on the present situation in the armed forces.

I was never a huge fan ( other than in the physical sense) but he was a superb performer, and was in some 17 Royal Vatiety Performances. He also did an enormous amount for charity, in particular boy's clubs, at a time when the youth of this country was being sadly neglected. Along with Frankie Vaughan, he helped turn thousands away from what could have been a life of crime, and helped some of the poorest people around. This being a time, mind you, when being poor did not just mean no 42" Plasma screen tv, or being forced to wear trainers that were not the current favourite of some hip-hop yeller who happened to promote them. It was a time when people had no money, no food and no hope.

And, let us not forget, his 'I'm a blue toothbrush, you're a pink toothbrush' elevated British songwriting to it's highest pinnacle!

For those philistines - and young blades - who claim never to have heard of Max Bygraves, I suggest you get a copy of my upcoming book 'The Smell of Sunday Dinner', a tribute to comedy when it was fun........................................................
And, let us not forget, his 'I'm a blue toothbrush, you're a pink toothbrush' elevated British songwriting to it's highest pinnacle!
Never did harm, entertained a lot of people and paid his taxes! Remember many moons ago him saying he had just written a £1,000,000 cheque to the revenue. That's when a million was a lot of money.

(What about " gillie gillie ossenfeffer.............. by the sea"? (sp)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Infantry 5
C Infantry 0
G REME 6