Anybody take Max Bygraves in the dead pool?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by filthyphil, Sep 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought he was already dead.
  2. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. His close friend, comedian Jimmy Tarbuck, described Bygraves as "one of the greats of British entertainment".

Really? I thought he was shit.
  4. You mean generally, or compared to Tarbuck?
  5. Now there's food for thought. Generally. Tarby strikes me as the kind of bloke that would have skiffed Forsyths pint.
  6. Tarbuck strikes me as the sort of bloke who'd skiff his own pint.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Never fucking heard of either of them. Was he important? Should I be outraged or grief stricken?
    I need someone to think of an opinion for me.
  8. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Is this a record?

Fifth response, already onto someone else.

Tarby with the big Derby was not a giant of British humour but then I didn't think Max Bygraves being bygones is such a topic for discussion either.

Standing back...
  9. Aye,but you need to remember when they were at their peak,everything was in black and white,there were two yes two television channels.A lot pf people made their own entertainment.Seeing these types on the telly was a real treat.
  10. T'was the era of the Variety all-rounder.Half-decent singer, comedian, dancer etc.Didn't excel in any.RIP.
  11. Don't play innocent. He died in Queensland. You killed him. Retired-variety-artist-murdering bastard.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I'd own up to it if I'd ever heard of the cunt. I assume his career revolved around RSLs and Bowls clubs?
  13. You'll be telling us next that a dingo got him.
  14. Apart from being a shit games show host, he was a 'king crab, 'uck him, I wasn't in his will.