anybody out there have a rowallan sweatshirt they want to se

Discussion in 'Officers' started by massivegeoff, Nov 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. many years ahve passed since i had a go on the mean macjine or had to carry that damn shell. i have moved on, and have LONG enjoyed a liffe on civvy street.

BUT, that term in the basement has left its mark and i am VERY proud of the fact that i passed (albeit by the skin of myteeth!). :oops:

now, i am very fond of my rowallan comapny sweat shirt. problem is it is getting a bit worn. :( getting one made is a LITTLE pricey, and cutting out the badge and sewing it on a new sweatshirt will just looke tawdry. so does anyone have a spare one (chest 38-42ish?) sitting in a drawer somewhere?

now that i am going through my mid-life crisis and back in green (granted as an ACF instructor which is only pretendy soldiering!), i DO like wearing the sweatshirt. especially as few of the other adult instructors are really aware of the significance and the kids all think it's a royal highland regt shirt or somting! :D

2. What were they doing to you on your course for you to come out with only a 38 - 42" chest measurement.

In my day everyone finished the course with at least a 46" chest and 32" waist, and a pretty big ego, despite eating Ghurka curries 3 times a week.

Though if they allowed girls on Rowallan in your day and you are one then you did very well.

06FA56