Anybody lost these?.

Is this a ploy to lure possible WALTS into phoning the lost medal hotline????

Looks like RAF given the Battle of Britain and Atlantic (Aircrew) stars.

Looks like RAF given the Battle of Britain and Atlantic (Aircrew) stars.
You what?

Looks more like Navy or Army with Atlantic and North Africa stars.. but could be wrong - can't read the bar on the Atlantic medal.. could be air crew europe, but I don't think the Africa star went to many crabs..

Is that a Corps number on the Africa star..?

Can't see a BoB rosette or bar on the 39-45 star!

Edited to add..

The main article also says that they were found with some photos of ships in acrtic camoflage.. so my money's on a slightly doddery sea salt....

Looks like it's a RN group: lack of Defence medal and it seems to be a France and Germany clasp on the Atlantic Star and a N Africa 1942-43 clasp on the Africa Star.

Edited to add: there's no Battle of Britain clasp on the 39-45 Star.

You what?

Looks more like Navy or Army with Atlantic and North Africa stars.. but could be wrong - can't read the bar on the Atlantic medal.. could be air crew europe, but I don't think the Africa star went to many crabs..

Is that a Corps number on the Africa star..?

Can't see a BoB rosette or bar on the 39-45 star!

Edited to add..

The main article also says that they were found with some photos of ships in acrtic camoflage.. so my money's on a slightly doddery sea salt....
Ancient Mariner?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
...but I don't think the Africa star went to many crabs....
I'm always happy to have a gentle poke at the sideways scuttling ones but as my grandfather was in the Desert Air Force I'd have to take issue with you on that.

You're right. I misidentified one. Damn you Wikipedia!

Is there the recipients name stamped on the rim of the medal or on the obverse of the stars?

They don't look very court mounted (as it says in the article).
Don't know, there are some crap garrison tailors out there.

Like no one would have thought to turn them over.You hamsters pink pocket.
I can hear them shouting in the lost property right now....quick turn them over and see if theres a name on them. :)

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
i;ll have them if no one else wants them i can put them next to my two vc's and people won't notice the silver coming off so much.
mind you i am reaLY LOOKING FOR A sET ah caplocks , looking for set with nice bright shiney ribbons as they look so pretty on my green blazer

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mush_dad The NAAFI Bar 43
T Royal Signals 28
E Infantry 5