anybody know this man?

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by finder, Nov 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Long story short, somebody that I had considered to be a mate, found a pretty good camera at Stansted Airport a few years ago.

He didn't do the decent thing and hand it in. He's not a mate anymore.

He did keep the mem card though.

Looks like the subject is named M... and there might be a girl called D*** too.

Please put him in touch and I'll gladly send him the rest.
  2. 'anybody know this man?'

Undoubtedly. But I am not one of them. I am K*v H*gh*s.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

OP -

You sure that your 'mate' isn't in fact you? Wonder why it took so many years for the memory card to surface? Especially as it no longer lives with the camera...
  4. Fark. Me. I expected an interesting ride on here...

No. I am not he. Heard the story a while back, and only recently got the card and thought that this might be the right place to help.

I could point you to the culprit, but I won't. So just zip it unless you know the subject. Twat.
  5. I know his name.

Is a lyric from Queen's fantastic song "Gimme The Prize" as featured on the film Highlander.
  6. Bliddy hell - that was quick. Put him in touch.
  7. Who, Freddy Mercury or The Kurgen?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Ok. I hope that was a wind up.
  9. Using a wok as an ironing board was he?
  10. It was mate because Freddy Mercury unfortunately died of the gay plague a few years ago and The Kurgan is a fictional character.
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

WOW. This is amazing!!! I thought that camera was long gone. To think there are still honest men here in the UK. It fair brings a lump to my throat. Please PM me so I can be reunited with my camera. And please do not post pictures of Dawn. She is special.

Thanks and you are a really special guy. Best wishes and my undying thanks, Mike.
  12. Not Mike, or Dawn.

I'm hoping that these replies are from adolescents.

I won't reply to any more posts unless helpful.

I thought that Aarse was a genuine representative Army site. So far I'm disappointed.
  13. Good luck finding him mate
  14. Thats the Army for you, full of bitterness and disappointment. So yeah, this site does represent the Army pretty well.
  15. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for that. I will make sure I zip it now you have told me to. Thief. Did you get a suspended sentence or was it community service? If it was a while ago they were probably giving people more than the token slap on the wrists nowadays eh?