Anybody know any companys who hire wepons for film/theatre

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by RFN_fatboy, Apr 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good Afternoon,

I work with a theatre company and we are putting on a production of Shakespeare's Henry V. We are setting it in a desert warfare setting. We are looking for a company that hires out SA80's, some pistols and maybe something bigger.

Does anybody know of such a company?

We have tried Howarth Wrightson Ltd who cannot help us on this occasion.

Any help would be very much appreciated

2. You know they didn't have any 'SA80's in the 1400s don't you?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PM sent .
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

They were still using the Martini-Henry back then and good examples are a bugger to get hold of. Pity, cos any of us could have nicked a few SA80's for you.
  5. Will David Cameron be able to sort this out??
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

7. yes he told me hes due to have a few spare rifles soon
  8. Ravers

Can I be the South African geezer who turns out to be a kraut?

I like the name Quayle.

Edited to add: Actually scratch that, which one gets to knob Sylvia Sims in the end? I'll be him.
  9. dockers

dockers Old-Salt Book Reviewer

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Don't invest too much money in production costs - it sounds totally shiite........
    • Like Like x 2
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I think it sounds quite jolly.

Brigadier James Chiswell: If little faults proceeding on distemper shall not be winked at, how shall we stretch our eye, when capital crimes, chewed, swallowed and digested appear before us?

Chorus: Do what?
  12. No it sounds shiters Dukey - it's all wrong acting it out in modern desert camo etc. After all Henry V depicts a popular, winnable war...
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ravers

He wasn't actually a saffer though was he? He was a kraut pretending to be a saffer. It's perfectly conceivable that a kraut could get to England in 1400, especially a **** off huge nails one like Quayle.

I'm still confused though?

Am I gonna get to rattle a blonde nurse in the back of a horsedrawn cart or not?
  14. Prithee good sir Ravers, we have been waiting for a horsedrawn cart of nurses from ye Rinteln since 1356 and the Poitiers post-op piss up...