Anybody know about the Queens jubilee gong

hi guys, can anyone help, about to get my long service gong but didnt get the flipping jubille gong!! the civvie staff say it goes on bountys and as i missed one i can go to hell!! my mate in the RAMC ta says it goes on time served .who's right ? :?

A bit of both, IIRC you had to be "efficent" during the 5 year period, if you were not, then no gong.

demonsapper said:
hi guys, can anyone help, about to get my long service gong but didnt get the flipping jubille gong!! the civvie staff say it goes on bountys and as i missed one i can go to hell!! my mate in the RAMC ta says it goes on time served .who's right ? :?
yeah, before i got mine,my chief clerk says you only get it if you have attended
10 consecutive annual camps?.Don't know if he was talking through his hoop!.not heard anything to contradict it.

Bad_Crow said:
Ahhh yes. That goldy looking one which isn't worth a w@nk!
Bang on there - a waste of taxpayers's money if ever there was!! I woulnd't get wound up about it - it proves nothing and is worth even less.

If you're desperate for it you can have mine.

All I know is various clerks keep phoning me up asking if I've received it yet and when did I receive it? "Yes, 2002" I tells 'em. If I said "no" I'm sure I'd have a row of 'em on my 2s!