Anybody interested in Sea Fishing

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by hairyhandbag, Jan 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fellow Arrsers,

Just dipping the water to see if there is any interest in a sea fishing thread where we could ask and let each other know where is fishing well, tips and local knowledge could be gauged.

I know there are many forums out on the internet but another viwpoint is always helpful.

Anyway if this bombs out at least we tried

HH

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I'd be up for that.

3. Me too, never sea fished before, mainly done game and course but just inherited my uncles sea gear so keen to test it out. A thread would be beneficial to me especially with the local info, places to fish etc.

4. yep, sounds good

5. As you can see by the avatar i am down in south devon and it is very quiet here at the moment all along the coast probably because they have gone out to deep water to spawn but boat fishing is still okay.

There were thornback, some whiting, small conger on the wrecks off plymouth at the weekend.
    Anything doing where you guys are.
    Incidentally Outcast i am being taken on my first ever piking session in two weeks time.

HH

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Unfortunately havn't managed to get any fishing in since arriving in deepest darkest Germany, however intend to change that this year.

7. HH,

I am up in York at the moment so was looking for fishing in and around scarborough. You will enjoy the pike session. I was nine when I caught my best ever pike at 26 lb, I am from sw scotland and some excellent pike fishing around there. Sea too but never really got into it as a kid for no apparent reason other than it was expensive to buy beachcasters and the like. Later this year, I am going to try out a few of the old places i went as a kid for pike on a fly rod. Been watching a few of the recent fishing shows and it seems quite a popular method these days

8. I thought you only did fly fishing :?

9. I am in South Wales and fish a lot, both shore and boat , great idea to start an ARRSE fishing thread

10. Count me in. I don't get out as much as I'd like, but I mainly shore fish from either Bristol Channel or Dorset coast.

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I used to get some decent Bass at the bottom end of Southampton water, fishing off of the old Redbridge flyover.

12. For OUTCAST

Try Able on the Northumberland coast. Trawlers can't get in as the ground shreads their nets. Big cod, haddock, ling and the occasional bass. Used to fish there before moving south. Excellent boat fishing and good prices for boats. Fresh bait shop in the village too.

13. Amend that to read Amble

14. Make it difficult for yourself and SWFF (Salt water fly fish) Its a right ball ache, but most satisfactory

15. I'll get my rod out and dangle my tackle into any fishy hole :D