Anybody interested in Sea Fishing

Fellow Arrsers,

Just dipping the water to see if there is any interest in a sea fishing thread where we could ask and let each other know where is fishing well, tips and local knowledge could be gauged.

I know there are many forums out on the internet but another viwpoint is always helpful.

Anyway if this bombs out at least we tried

HH

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'd be up for that.

Me too, never sea fished before, mainly done game and course but just inherited my uncles sea gear so keen to test it out. A thread would be beneficial to me especially with the local info, places to fish etc.

As you can see by the avatar i am down in south devon and it is very quiet here at the moment all along the coast probably because they have gone out to deep water to spawn but boat fishing is still okay.

There were thornback, some whiting, small conger on the wrecks off plymouth at the weekend.
Anything doing where you guys are.
Incidentally Outcast i am being taken on my first ever piking session in two weeks time.

HH

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately havn't managed to get any fishing in since arriving in deepest darkest Germany, however intend to change that this year.

HH,

I am up in York at the moment so was looking for fishing in and around scarborough. You will enjoy the pike session. I was nine when I caught my best ever pike at 26 lb, I am from sw scotland and some excellent pike fishing around there. Sea too but never really got into it as a kid for no apparent reason other than it was expensive to buy beachcasters and the like. Later this year, I am going to try out a few of the old places i went as a kid for pike on a fly rod. Been watching a few of the recent fishing shows and it seems quite a popular method these days

I am in South Wales and fish a lot, both shore and boat , great idea to start an ARRSE fishing thread

Count me in. I don't get out as much as I'd like, but I mainly shore fish from either Bristol Channel or Dorset coast.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
I used to get some decent Bass at the bottom end of Southampton water, fishing off of the old Redbridge flyover.

For OUTCAST

Try Able on the Northumberland coast. Trawlers can't get in as the ground shreads their nets. Big cod, haddock, ling and the occasional bass. Used to fish there before moving south. Excellent boat fishing and good prices for boats. Fresh bait shop in the village too.

Make it difficult for yourself and SWFF (Salt water fly fish) Its a right ball ache, but most satisfactory

Thanks Wrinkles, just been looking on the web, looks pretty good and not too far at all. Will give it a try sometime in the near future.

Paul Wells has got a new boat called Castaway CLICKY It's an Evolution 33 and goes like stink; so no hanging around getting out to the fishing grounds.
Paul is very knowledgeable of the Bristol Channel having been both a commercial fisherman and was also the on Weston Super Mare lifeboat for many years.

happybonzo said:
Paul Wells has got a new boat called Castaway CLICKY It's an Evolution 33 and goes like stink; so no hanging around getting out to the fishing grounds.
Paul is very knowledgeable of the Bristol Channel having been both a commercial fisherman and was also the on Weston Super Mare lifeboat for many years.
Ask him for a midweek price, for the whole boat but dont mention numbers of anglers that way he may give you a cheaper deel as most charter boats dont do much in the week and it's always better when the boat isn'full even if it costs more. then give us a date and cost and I'm in if she's licensed for 10 you dont realy want more than 6

tropper66 said:
happybonzo said:
Ask him for a midweek price, for the whole boat but dont mention numbers of anglers that way he may give you a cheaper deel as most charter boats dont do much in the week and it's always better when the boat isn'full even if it costs more. then give us a date and cost and I'm in if she's licensed for 10 you dont realy want more than 6
I'm up to my eyes with work at present but here's Paul's contact details

business phone: +44 (0) 1934 418068

mobile/boat phone: +44 (0) 7765 247801

fax: +44 (0) 1934 414716

email: paul@portisheadcharters.co.uk

Paul Wells - Portishead Charters website

address: 26 Hobart Road
Weston Super Mare
North Somerset
BS23 4QN
England