Anybody got Colonial Marines yet?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Biscuits_Brown, Feb 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The aliens pop like water balloons, the acid for blood does nothing, the AI is retarded and the story is average.

Not tried multiplayer yet but it's a rental job or wait for a cheap pre-owned copy if you want to play it for nostalgia reasons. The pulse rifles sounds awesome though and the smartguns are fun for a bit.

2. Arse. Was hoping it would be mega.

Will wait for 2nd hand then....

3. Don't say Space Marines-Games Workshops lawyers will be after you....

• Like Like x 4
  4. FrosteeMARIA

FrosteeMARIA LE Gallery Guru

On order - heard that single player campaign isn't up to much, but might be worth giving co-op or mutiplayer a bash!

5. 'Heard' it was average which is a huge shame. It got 4.5/10 from IGN

6. I'm awaiting it's arrival via Lovefilm on rental.

What I've seen of gameplay so far, it looks pretty average. The Aliens seemed to go down after a short burst of Pulse Rifle rounds. I'm not holding my breath on this being much cop, to be honest.

7. Pile of crap, no suspense, dodgy AI, awful texture problems on console, aliens go down in two-three hits and to cap it off the campaign is all of six hours long

8. What a pity! Nearly pre-ordered this one.... but I had a feeling they might find a way to **** it up.

9. Got this on Tuesday, can confirm that graphics ain't up to much,as in they're terrible, parts where you fight against human enemies are a bit shit, alien AI is pretty bad as well. Story, meh, bit pants tbh but it can be great fun online, can get so frantic you stop noticing the other issues.

Hoping they do a bit of work on it to polish up some areas and I'd like to see more online modes to stop it getting stale, oh, and host migration, what game doesn't have that these days???

• Like Like x 1
  10. It and the Last Of Us were the only things I was really building up to this year :(

11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Stolen shamelessly from Eurogamer:

• Like Like x 5
  12. AvP was and is much better.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Here they are at the Battle of Nassau

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

whose territory where they stealing that time?