Anybody fancy being a Starship Trooper?

'Cos The Donald has had Another Idea:

US to set up new military 'space force'

"President Donald Trump has ordered the US military to establish a sixth branch of its armed forces - a "space force".

The US president said on Monday it would bolster national security and the economy with the creation of jobs.

"It is not enough to merely have an American presence in space. We must have American dominance in space," Mr Trump said at the White House.

He also promised that the US would "return Americans to the Moon" and would eventually send people to Mars.

"I'm hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a space force as the sixth branch of the armed forces,"

Yeah. Never mind that shit-will there be jet packs?

or some of these bad boys:

Then again, there'll still be pissing and moaning as to whether space suit sleeves up or down and should the anti-gravity jacket be tucked in or out.

'Cos The Donald has had Another Idea:

US to set up new military 'space force'

"President Donald Trump has ordered the US military to establish a sixth branch of its armed forces - a "space force".

The US president said on Monday it would bolster national security and the economy with the creation of jobs.

"It is not enough to merely have an American presence in space. We must have American dominance in space," Mr Trump said at the White House.

He also promised that the US would "return Americans to the Moon" and would eventually send people to Mars.

"I'm hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a space force as the sixth branch of the armed forces,"

Yeah. Never mind that shit-will there be jet packs?

or some of these bad boys:

Then again, there'll still be pissing and moaning as to whether space suit sleeves up or down and should the anti-gravity jacket be tucked in or out.
Close...

I'm not really sure why people are taking the piss out of this so much. The parellel can easily be drawn with atmospheric flight, which began its military utility as a branch of existing armed services, becoming seperate as it became more and more important in its own right.

I am still surprised he hasn't tried calling the Avengers or Justice League to sort out America's enemies like Canada.

He also promised that the US would "return Americans to the Moon"
According to my history books, the majority of Americans derive from Europe.

But who am I to argue. It'll give us Earthlings a bit more space. (Land, that is, not firmament).

Perhaps we can fill the land previously known as USA with refugees and asylum seekers. Before the Mexicans grab it.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure why people are taking the piss out of this so much.
Because it's the Donald. Any good he does is immediately rendered worthless as soon as he opens his mouth. He could announce the advent of cold fusion, world peace and free blow jobs for all, and he'd still make it sound like dog toffee being sold via an infomercial. It's just how he rolls.

Maybe, in the way that the US Coast Guard deals with close to shore stuff and the USN deals with troublesome stuff on the high seas, USAF will become a department concerned with naughtiness below 60,000' and the Space Force will deal with extraplanetary matters fighting with Vogon assault ships? The Donald is strong on this one.