Anybody Else...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by r031button, May 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bothered by the irony that if the Canucks win the cup it'll only be the third time in history a team does it without a Canadian wearing the C?
  2. To quote Manuel "Que"?
  3. Stanley Cup playoffs, in the Vancouver Canucks win it (which they will) it will be the first time the cup has been won by a Canadian team since '93. Irony being that the team is captained by a Swede. Only twice before have teams won it with a non Canadian captain.
  4. I see, sounds bad, we don't play ice hockey so much over here but luckily we don't have that problem with football (soccer) all our premiership captains are British.
  5. ironic yes that a swede is captain of a Canadian hockey team but I think that Henrik Sedin is a good captain and as long as its anybody but an American team winning I will be happy
  6. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Actually the world champions are from Darwin.

They hold the title due to lots of other teams frankly chickening out from playing them so byes all the way to the top.

Or so Vegemite say.
  7. is that for that silly game that girls play in junior high?
  8. Of course when the Bruins win it will be with a Captain from Slovakia ( Zdeno Chara) but the alternate captains are Mike Recchi from Kamloops, BC and Patrice Bergeron is from Quebec. Might be some consolation. Bruins have a chance if Tim Thomas stays healthy and on his game, a magician in the net.

Note: I grew up in the Original 6 era and grew up thinking God Save the Queen was the second verse of the Star Spangled Banner. (I once knew the words too)

edited to add: Happy that Atlanta is moving to Winnepeg. The league will be healthier with more Canadian teams.