Anybody else running 6 milers?

If there's anyone who's training at the minute who run 6 mile runs, how long does it take you to run them?

Thanks.

8 minute miles or better.
That's what I'm running at the minute, I done my third 6 miler on Friday and each mile was ran at around 8:01-8:20 with a total time 49:00 minutes. I'm going for Paras so I'm aiming to knock another 4 or so minutes off before the 21st of Jan for my ADSC.

Running 6 miles in 40 minutes is totally unrealistic, you would have to Avg a 06:40 min/mile pace for 6 miles. To get the correct PFA time on PRAC you need to Avg 06:12 min/mile.

That's what I'm running at the minute, I done my third 6 miler on Friday and each mile was ran at around 8:01-8:20 with a total time 49:00 minutes. I'm going for Paras so I'm aiming to knock another 4 or so minutes off before the 21st of Jan for my ADSC.

Running 6 miles in 40 minutes is totally unrealistic, you would have to Avg a 06:40 min/mile pace for 6 miles. To get the correct PFA time on PRAC you need to Avg 06:12 min/mile.

No it isn't. I know plenty of people who do 6 milers in 40 minutes. AND they are RAF. The skinny fcukers.

I bet they're shit with weight
One is RAF Regt and has no problem with weight, the other is a Supplier and has no need to.

I also knew a Royal Marine who set himself the goal of running a 10 miler every day for a year. He had it down to 40 minutes in the end. True dit.

Dillon -- it doesn't mean that you are a shite runner or unfit. If you did enough 6 milers you'd get the time down massively. It just so happens that there is a particularly nice 6 mile (and an 8 mile) running route around my camp and lots of people do it.

Keep doing your thing - it sounds like you won't have any problems.

6 miles in 40 mins is not especially fast. Under 30 is fast, 40 is just so-so.

PS the fastest 10 mile in the world is over 44 min, so the true dit above may refer to a 10km Royal.

Dillon -- it doesn't mean that you are a shite runner or unfit. If you did enough 6 milers you'd get the time down massively. It just so happens that there is a particularly nice 6 mile (and an 8 mile) running route around my camp and lots of people do it.

Keep doing your thing - it sounds like you won't have any problems.
To be fair I have only ran a few 6 milers so if I train on them frequently I'm sure 40 minutes is achievable. The route I run is a 1.3 mile route which is repeated, it has two prominent inclines so I think If the route was flat I could loose a couple of minutes anyway.

Thanks.

S

Screw_The_Nut

Bollocks, young 'un. If have ever run cross country you'd know that a 6 mile route time should be under 35 minutes, under 30 minutes if you want to get a good place. It's only 6 fecking miles ffs

How many laps do you have to do...
I think it's like four and a bit, I'm not sure how many exactly. I use the App RunKeeper, that lets me know every 0.5miles completed and my Avg min/mile pace.

Just an observation mate , try some fartlek routines in your distance running I find that kills me far more than distance and should really help out with the CV fitness
I do dedicated Fartlek sessions mate I'd be hanging if done 6 miles of fartlek lol, I do one long distance run a week which is the 6 miler, one 30 min fartlek session, and two days of a 1.5 mile fast pace run followed by 15 minutes of hill sprints and a slow jog.

One is RAF Regt and has no problem with weight, the other is a Supplier and has no need to.

I also knew a Royal Marine who set himself the goal of running a 10 miler every day for a year. He had it down to 40 minutes in the end. True dit.
Wah.

Less true dit and more bullshit. Unless your mate was Haile Gebrselassie's younger faster brother.

C

count_duckula

Just an observation mate , try some fartlek routines in your distance running I find that kills me far more than distance and should really help out with the CV fitness
**** off, you know nothing whatsoever about the armed forces you ******* fancy-dress-box raiding quim.