Anybody else running 6 milers?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by DlllonJ, Jan 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If there's anyone who's training at the minute who run 6 mile runs, how long does it take you to run them?

Thanks.

2. Use the stickies.

3. 40 minutes is a good time I would say. Think of it as 4 back to back 10 minute 1.5 milers.

4. 8 minute miles or better.

/thread

5. That's what I'm running at the minute, I done my third 6 miler on Friday and each mile was ran at around 8:01-8:20 with a total time 49:00 minutes. I'm going for Paras so I'm aiming to knock another 4 or so minutes off before the 21st of Jan for my ADSC.

Running 6 miles in 40 minutes is totally unrealistic, you would have to Avg a 06:40 min/mile pace for 6 miles. To get the correct PFA time on PRAC you need to Avg 06:12 min/mile.

6. No it isn't. I know plenty of people who do 6 milers in 40 minutes. AND they are RAF. The skinny fcukers.

7. If you say so.

8. I bet they're shit with weight

9. One is RAF Regt and has no problem with weight, the other is a Supplier and has no need to.

I also knew a Royal Marine who set himself the goal of running a 10 miler every day for a year. He had it down to 40 minutes in the end. True dit.

10. Dillon -- it doesn't mean that you are a shite runner or unfit. If you did enough 6 milers you'd get the time down massively. It just so happens that there is a particularly nice 6 mile (and an 8 mile) running route around my camp and lots of people do it.

Keep doing your thing - it sounds like you won't have any problems.

11. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

6 miles in 40 mins is not especially fast. Under 30 is fast, 40 is just so-so.

PS the fastest 10 mile in the world is over 44 min, so the true dit above may refer to a 10km Royal.

12. To be fair I have only ran a few 6 milers so if I train on them frequently I'm sure 40 minutes is achievable. The route I run is a 1.3 mile route which is repeated, it has two prominent inclines so I think If the route was flat I could loose a couple of minutes anyway.

Thanks.

13. Bollocks, young 'un. If have ever run cross country you'd know that a 6 mile route time should be under 35 minutes, under 30 minutes if you want to get a good place. It's only 6 fecking miles ffs