any1 done a 10 mile run?? times please??

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by cage88, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Orite guys im gna do a 10 mile run on sunday im finkin, well i say run it will be more like run walk run alk etc etc. what time should i be looking to getn as i have never ran more that 4 miles!
    Anything wud be great cheers!

2. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3. Jesus Christ-is this the end result of the current education system????

4. how is that a wah???

you're a throbber ruining the meaning of the wah.... 10 miles you can do about hour ten if you are very fit

5. But he's not fit. And where did you pull that time from?

6. 1 hour 10??? You having a facking larf? 8O

7. What anyone on the internet gets is immaterial to you; we are all of course toned phys gods who knock off marathons before breakfast. Whatever your time for four miles is, times it by 2.5 and add 10% fatigue time and aim for that. Don't race off; pace yourself to start with. Whatever you get, record it and try to beat it next time.

Between runs, I recommend the Ladybird Book of Spelung n Gramer. Guaranteed to bring your literacy up to that of a ten-year-old ;)

Edited to add: 1hr 10 is 70 minutes or ten seven-minute miles, which I suppose isn't beyond the bounds of possibility.

8. :thumleft:

Hows he going to run 10 miles if he hasnt run further than 4 before 8O

9. I got 1:35 over a 10 mile run over the Howgill Fells.

My mate got 1:09. Fit as a fiddle mind you.

10. Here i said run and walk mate, 1hour 10 your having a giggle arent you? iwas thinking more like 2 hours! p.s i can spell i just decide not to when i am writing on forums and shit so calm down boys like! Education system pahhhhhhhhhh im nearly 21 and have a HND in mechanical engineering!

11. Good for you :p Just try your best man, and then improve on it everytime you attempt it.
    I've never run further than 3 miles so I have a lot of training to do before 10 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.