Any writers following British Units like Michael Yon

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pacestick, Apr 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That is some account . CSM Prosser is just rock all the way through front to back , and Kurilla is some man.

2. yeah fair play to em. But those two who ****ing froze :angy:

3. Old news. Yon is now in Afghanistan and will be posting new stories soon.

4. From what I've heard and seen MoD PR bods refuse point blank to let reporters near squaddies except under very tight control.........The idea of letting a reporter remain with a unit longer than a flying visit would cause them to shite their pants........

Who's afraid of the press Now....?

And as for a CO going out on Foot patrol on a daily basis? When did that last happen.......? My OC spent 6 months in his Office either creating bollocks or trying to fend bollocks off.......The only time he went out was to go shopping, or visit Bods detached from the Coy. There's just so much paperwork being created by useless Staff Officers at Div HQ. The OC of the unit I worked with got out on Patrol by the expendient of working very long days. .............and daily complained about stupid paperwork from the UK......

Maybe CO's should be made to go out on patrol. From what I've sen the CO going out is almost a parade.........

And as for GOC.........F**King Circus parade.............more vehicles than a f**K**g Royal visit...!