Any women in the TA Rifles?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Star79, Mar 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Again, assuming this isn't a wah, there are no female Infantry in the British Army

2. I'm sure I saw a female badged Rifle Volunteers (D&D's), about 9 years ago.

3. I seem to recall that back in the 2Wx and 2RGBW days, the women were badged as such - except medics

• Like Like x 1
  4. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

As has been mentioned on this site a few times: There was a period, post Options For Change (early 1990s) to Strategic Defence Review (late 1990s) when the TA regulations were not aligned with the Regular Army's to the effect that as there was no specific mention in TA regs against barring women from joining the Infantry, they were indeed recruited as such. Some actually did well, some didn't and a very small number, like the examples mentioned above, are still hanging on. Most rebadged after SDR was implemented, but clearly not all.

In any regard, and in answer to the OP's question, a female cannot be enlisted under current regulations (Regular or Reserve) as an Infantrymen. There are of course a number of support trades in a battalion that females can be assigned as.

5. One of them is a staffy (or is she a CSjt if she wears a Rifles badge?), so would have joined in the old days.

6. Thatll be why shes Rifles then. Rp, is she a staffy or colour?

7. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

She is leaving very soon . . . as such who cares.

Back to OP, Chefs, Medics, Clerks, REME attached . ..that is your lot.