Any website designers in the North West - Liverpool area

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by hairyhandbag, Mar 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning everybody,
    Do any of the great and good on this site know of any website
    designers in the Liverpool area. This is for a small roofing company
    and would prefer a one man band designer to a big design company.
    Costs and maintenance being the prime factors.

Thanks for you help

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'd have thought with the way the world is shrinking electronically using an arrsser regardless of where he or she is based would mak sense, one is a forum sponsor. Somewhere oop norf!
    I take it you want to have a meeting and chat at as little cost as possible?
    Have you considered self build and administering it yourself, it can be really cheap and quite enjoyable!
  3. I have done a few small sites for people and like ugly says it doesnt really matter where you are email can take care of most of it.
    What exactly are you after. If it is just a few pages with contact details and the like then £50 quid should cover everything if you do it yourself. You really only need to pay huge fees if you want designer pages with flash and the likes
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

MR site are doing a deal at the moment go to their website and type in the offer box MATES. It gets you the web kit in the post for £30 something quid. I have built the wifes shop using this!
  5. I can vouch for Mr Site having followed Ugly's advice from a previous thread. I built my company website using Mr Site and they are very good and not expensive.
  6. Cheers fellas

I am down south and the bloke who the site it is going to be for is a complete IT novice and he needs someone to sit down with him and
    talk him through the design process. (Just for info, I have built and published quite a few websites myself for other people - clubs, pubs,
    guesthouses, churches etc)
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Then a DIY one like Mr Site is the way to go, you can use the tutorials and you dont need to learn any code!
  8. Have you tried WEEBLEY.COM??? Its a bit basic but it maybe a good starting point for someone with not much know how. And its free......

9. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

10. I'm in Liverpool and can put together a free site and maintain it for you.
    Have a look at the ones I have done so far not award winning but if the price is right. :D
    Breamore House

Second Life

My Site