• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Any Volunteers For Being My Personal Trainer?

My first post so here it goes!..............

I'm currently in the process of re-training after having M.E - finally won my medical appeal so i've got the go ahead to join again! Problem is i don't seem to be getting anywhere, my fitness levels seem to be shocking in comparison to a couple of years ago and i'm female making the females entry standard look hard!!! I used to be able to run a mile and a half in 9 minutes, anyone volunteer to be my personal trainer?!! I live in between Southampton and Portsmouth! bribes available on request!

Have you thought about joining a running club? They will be able to give you advice and you will be able to train with them. Whatever you choose to do I wish you the best of luck. That you have followed your ambition this far speaks volumes for your determination.

Thanks Guys! I'm definately determined, just hated by most of the medical guys now, as i harrassed them so much i think they just gave in to get me off their backs! Couldn't possibly lose out now just because of fitness!

I had M.E so was sleeping all the time, my legs stopped working and was just generally completely zonked out! Apparently i was pushing myself too hard physically and mentally, used to do hours of exercise every day and do loads of jobs - still do, but obviusly i've neglected the exercise!!!

TomSmytheUK said:
Ah take it steady.. how old are you? and what are you training for?
If you're going to chat the girl up, do it via PMs and spare us all from reaching for the sick bucket!

And while the horizontal mambo is fun, the two minutes you're likely to give her can't exactly be called a cardio workout now can it!

FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
TomSmytheUK said:
Ah take it steady.. how old are you? and what are you training for?
If you're going to chat the girl up, do it via PMs and spare us all from reaching for the sick bucket!

And while the horizontal mambo is fun, the two minutes you're likely to give her can't exactly be called a cardio workout now can it!
Easy Tiger....this girl can fight her own battles!

japseyewarrior said:
I'm in Pompey....but joining next week. No use at all training wise, but a gash shot will do me all the good during basic, for morale purposes of course ;)
Good Effort...However have a good look round the others in your intake next week.. Im pretty damn sure there will be plenty of gash there...
I dont mean in the female variety by the way.

M1624 said:
My first post so here it goes!..............

I'm currently in the process of re-training after having M.E - finally won my medical appeal so i've got the go ahead to join again! Problem is i don't seem to be getting anywhere, my fitness levels seem to be shocking in comparison to a couple of years ago and i'm female making the females entry standard look hard!!! I used to be able to run a mile and a half in 9 minutes, anyone volunteer to be my personal trainer?!! I live in between Southampton and Portsmouth! bribes available on request!
Welcome to ARRSE, M1624!

If you work your way through the Health & Fitness forum, you will find plenty of hints, tips and advice on working your way back to fitness.

The best advice is to make a realistic plan and stick to it, ensuring that you don't break yourself en route. For example, from scratch, start walking 4 times a week building speed and distance. Always warm up, cool down and stretch out. And don't neglect upper body strength which is where many girls suffer.

Do you have a local gym you could join? It will cost money but they will keep an eye on you.

Whatever you do, do it steadily and carefully. Good Luck.

Litotes