Any updates on the possible wolf attack in Greece last year?

I remember reading about this tragic incident last year, but haven't heard any more about it since.

Was it ever confirmed by DNA evidence, if it had been dogs or wolves? Or if anything has been done to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Anyone know any more about it?

I remember reading about this tragic incident last year, but haven't heard any more about it since.

Was it ever confirmed by DNA evidence, if it had been dogs or wolves? Or if anything has been done to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

From what I remember, they discovered it was a pack of dogs that attacked her.

When I was out in Crete in 2011, me and a mate were walking back to the hotel around 3ish when five mangy, aggressive dogs showed up and shadowed us back to the hotel before they were driven off by a wizened old bloke banging a wooden bat against a metal sheet.

They did look like they'd rip your throat out given half of the chance.

Just read that grisly story, she was "devoured". Apparently there are packs of wild dogs roaming about in Greece, some newspapers claim their owners can't afford to keep them. The woman is supposed to have used her phone to say she was being attacked by wild dogs, but the Greek coroner believed she was attacked by other wild animals, like rabid wolves and jackals. Horrific Details Emerge as Coroner Finds British Hiker Eaten by Wolves in Greece | GreekReporter.com.

In eastern Germany, wolf numbers have been steadily rising for the past ten years, and they're protected. They've also been seen around Upper Lusatia --Elba and Oder rivers-- on the Polish border, Germany's wolf population on the rise, new data shows | Environment| All topics from climate change to conservation | DW | 23.11.2017.

A recent study of four European carnivore species found that apex predators are expanding their range across Europe. Using data from the Large Carnivore Initiative for Europe, researchers looked at the occurrence of brown bears (Ursus arctos), Eurasian lynx (Lynx lynx), gray wolves (Canis lupus) and wolverines (Gulo gulo) in every European country except for Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, and very small countries such as Andorra. Linky.

There have been a few fatal wild dog attacks in California the last few years - probably more than mountain lions that also claim the odd unfortunate victim.

A few years ago I took a shortcut through a park to a marina on the outskirts of Athens, (Kalamaki?) It was about 3am and not another soul in sight when I saw a couple of dogs in the path ahead of me. During the day there were strays everywhere and, for the most part they were either docile or asleep but these two stood their ground as I approached and I knew immediately that the rules had changed. I kept walking forward but then saw several dogs trotting in from my flanks - no barking or growling but very purposeful. All I could do was shout at them and watch all around me as I moved on. I knew that if I panicked or left the path or fell I would be in deep trouble. They stayed with me for a very long hundred yards until a night-watchman came running up the path waving a stick around. I'm a dog lover but these were very different animals and it was sobering to realise that I was nothing but prey.

Just read that grisly story, she was "devoured". Apparently there are packs of wild dogs roaming about in Greece, some newspapers claim their owners can't afford to keep them. The woman is supposed to have used her phone to say she was being attacked by wild dogs, but the Greek coroner believed she was attacked by other wild animals, like rabid wolves and jackals. Horrific Details Emerge as Coroner Finds British Hiker Eaten by Wolves in Greece | GreekReporter.com.

In eastern Germany, wolf numbers have been steadily rising for the past ten years, and they're protected. They've also been seen around Upper Lusatia --Elba and Oder rivers-- on the Polish border, Germany's wolf population on the rise, new data shows | Environment| All topics from climate change to conservation | DW | 23.11.2017.

A recent study of four European carnivore species found that apex predators are expanding their range across Europe. Using data from the Large Carnivore Initiative for Europe, researchers looked at the occurrence of brown bears (Ursus arctos), Eurasian lynx (Lynx lynx), gray wolves (Canis lupus) and wolverines (Gulo gulo) in every European country except for Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, and very small countries such as Andorra. Linky.
Say that it's "wild" animals, and not feral dogs, then they brush the problem under the carpet, nobody has to spend money going out and hunting down these feral mutts, and so on.

A few years ago I took a shortcut through a park to a marina on the outskirts of Athens, (Kalamaki?) It was about 3am and not another soul in sight when I saw a couple of dogs in the path ahead of me. During the day there were strays everywhere and, for the most part they were either docile or asleep but these two stood their ground as I approached and I knew immediately that the rules had changed. I kept walking forward but then saw several dogs trotting in from my flanks - no barking or growling but very purposeful. All I could do was shout at them and watch all around me as I moved on. I knew that if I panicked or left the path or fell I would be in deep trouble. They stayed with me for a very long hundred yards until a night-watchman came running up the path waving a stick around. I'm a dog lover but these were very different animals and it was sobering to realise that I was nothing but prey.
You should have 'stuck to the path'..what were the Nurses like ;-)