Any Units in Baghdad?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Letterwritingman, Jul 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question! Does anyone know of any Brit units based in Baghdad other than the obvious (RMPCP etc)?

2. There's a small Signals detatchment (or was when I was there, guess there still is) - just a comcen, few techs etc.

No idea about anyone else

3. UKMAMS (RAF Movers) have had a det at the airport since Jun 03.

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Not many people.

Small staff at MNC-I (Camp Victory by the airport), more staff in Baghdad itself at MNF-I and MNSTC-I, a small BSU to administer them all and a comms tp to supply the two generals we have there with UK comms links. Oh and a sect of inf who double up to support the various CP teams on occasions and get used as dogs bodies for the remainder of the time.

Doesn't take long to get to know everyone....

5. I_T_C, not all of us were small. Us who were not stuck in the JOC and allowed to see sunlight were quite tall!!

Also lets not get carried away, the Baghdad Support Unit (BSU) was a blatant breach of the Trade Description Act.

6. There are a small number of ATOs working with the FBI in the Explosives Exploitation cell in Bagdad doing WIS jobs.