Any Uke players?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by brettarider, Apr 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Finally got off my arse and bought a telecaster Uke with elelctric pick up been thinking of buying one for a bit and picked one up on Monday managing about 5 notes just now. Fancy learning this though, And check out GUGUG on youtube fooking ace!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. Saw the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain live at Blackheath last year - good gig.

Yes, I too am a uku geek. I started in February this year (after playing on my kid's crappy one), and bought a Rubin tenor electo-acoustic and a Peanut soprano electric. Both tuned low-G, to handle guitar-type music.

Love it.
  4. Here you go, class act to follow!

5. Bodhrán and banjo. Working my way through the Alphabet Of Much Maligned Musical Instruments. Uke is waaaaaay down the list.
  6. Just thought I would say I like my Oscar Schmidt uke and my Barnes and Mullins Banjolele. I enjoy strumming to myself and pretending I cannot hear the wife when she calls. Wish I could add a few vocals but I cannot sing at all. Anyone know of any uke clubs in the West of Scotland?