Any tips on office brief?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by yawningacorn, Jun 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all - i'm kinda new to this whole forum thing and i was hoping to get some tips on my first meeting at the careers office. I have an appointment in 2 days time and have been doing research on the roles i am aiming for (1st choice: Infantry - 2nd choice: Logistics) and have been training my fitness but was wondering how to come across as the best candidate straight from the word go.

Any tips or advice about this and all of the stages further on down the line would really help me out as i really want to pass with flying colours :)

Thanks

2. Turn up and be you, they're not expecting anything else.

3. Just be yourself and make sure you have the reasons you've chosen those routed straight in your head.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Just treat it as you would any other job interview.

Dress smartly, polish your shoes, be interested and interesting, but don't try to be someone that you're not.

As said above make sure you have your reasons for having chosen your options in the order that you have clear in your own mind. If you have an idea of which infantry regiment it is that you want to join so much the better, but don't worry about it if you haven't.

5. Wash and leave your mum outside!

6. Nip down the local tattoo parlour and get yourself a decent tat. Something like an RLC badge superimposed on crossed bayonets. You thus have both angles already covered and your enthusiasm will be duly noted.

7. I think it reads slightly better with comma inserted after the word 'wash'.

8. I was asked to prepare some questions i wanted the answers to - i already have a a gew good ones but are there any must-ask questions that the recruiter is looking for, or that will make me look better?

9. Just turn up looking reasonably presentable, the questions should be ones you want answered - not ones you think will generate a favourable reaction (they won't). Above all be yourself and don't tell lies even if you are tempted, you will be found out.

10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Weelll, having read the lezzers thread, I have a vague suspicion that that's what Cernunnos meant.