Any surfers on here?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Boozy, May 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hoping to learn to surf this summer, live inland a bit so will have to drive.

Was wondering if anyone could tell me, what the feck do surfers do with their keys (esp the electric keys) etc while they're in the water?!! :?
  2. You can buy waterproof boxes (sorry, no links) that will hold some keys, a few ciggies, and some money that you can strap on a limb or around your neck. Better than shoving them in the exhaust pipe or in the wheel arch and coming back to an empty parking space.

Good luck with the surfing - I was shit at it.
  3. Most wetsuits have key pockets under the armpit. Find a sympathetic publican to leave an electric key with, or wrap it first then put it in your wetsuit. I think you can still buy manual keys for cars as well. Oh, and do some pressups first!
  4. Charlie don't surf !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Some surfing shorts have waterproof bags for storage , ironically they also say not to be used with electrical items.

Sorry thats all I have
  6. hide em close to the car, if you have no imagination put then under a wing.

if you have a normal key bang it on a string round your neck/in the key pocket

I got a combination lock box (about the size of two fag packets) with a padlock type bit on it...attache under chassis some where... I never used it TBH
  7. ah ok thanks guys, my spare car key is manual so I'm inclined to leave the electric one at home and take the manual one in a pouch into the water maybe. I'll probably still panic about it escaping and floating off though!

can the saltwater make the key rust up?
  8. where you going always leave my kit in the life guard hut, costs me a pint but better than digging the beach up looking for the keys
  9. various beaches along the north coast of NI, just whichever takes my fancy and is quietest of brats from the city...have never seen a lifeguard hut on any of them before, they seem to just cruise about in pickup trucks. except possibly benone where there's a tourist centre thingy but it's probably the one I will be going to least tbh.
  10. Not in the time that you'll be in the water. But rub a bit of vaseline all over first (including key) will make sure that it'll be fine.

Think Gimpy was on about the Master MLK5400E key safe which is about £20 and should take most car keys and fobs.