Any suggestion on ESS goggles?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by mouthzhang, Feb 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering for some suggestions on some ESS goggles

I need a good pair,can be worn without helmet and I am putting much maxed out with spending money SO, I'am looking for a GOOD pair, but SOMEWHAT cheap?

And how is ESS profile NVG, does that worth me to buy a helmet to assort it?

Any suggestions?
  2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

3. Don't they get issued now?

4. If you give us a clue as to what you want them for we might be able to advise.
  5. Usually for skiing, biking and airsoft fighting, but mainly I like ESS brand
  6. So you dont need to spend a fortune on balistic protection, like the ESS give you. I don't think you would get away with just one set for all 3 activities.

Biking I would prefer a good set of wrap around glasses not goggles, I have a set of Oakleys. These can also be used on the slopes in good weather. Bad weather would require a set of goggles but as you say full lenses to give better visibility. As for airsoft I am not an expert but would full face not be better instead of just eye protection.

Like I said no expert but 3 very differant activities.
  7. or do you have any recommendation on ESS goggle
  8. I wouldn't bother with shelling out a million billion pounds on top-of-the-range ballistic goggles when the most dangerous thing you'll be using them for is airsoft; like the poster above, I'd say a decent pair of wraparound shades and some ski goggles for when it gets a bit rough out on (or off, for that matter) the piste.

I'm pretty sure that those would have you covered for the eventuality of high-speed plastic balls trying to take your eyes out. If not, just pick up a pair of US issue dust/wind goggles- they should do the trick.
  9. Yer they are brilliant for what we use them for, but as I said def not what you need for biking skiing and air soft.
  10. Actually I am a military fun and I just want to buy a good ESS goggles can be worn without helmet like a soldier what do you recommend?
  11. Actually I am a military fun and I just want to buy a good ESS goggles can be worn without helmet like a soldier what do you recommend?
  12. If it is the ESS you want go for the glasses no the goggles, they would do for all 3 sports and you would not look a knob biking in them.
    Ice is the one we get issued and are about £40 new.
  13. I donot want glasses
  14. Fine- if you want, spunk your money away on the most expensive pair they sell- they'll serve no useful purpose, but if it massages your ego then go for it.