Any Sport Vs Wendy Ball

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jan 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Welcome to Facebook

I know that the pic comes from GAA, but as my son said, could be rugby, or chess....

2. I go to a GAA match every couple of weeks. There is always bit of violence off the ball, and nobody really cares, including the Ref. They all shake hands afterwards as well. Hurling and Gaelic football. Nails.

3. I find it hilarious how the big girls blouses carry on when they've been tripped or anle tapped. They are wearing shin pads for fucks sake you can hit them things with a fucking ball peen hammer and it doesn't hurt.
    Its brilliant how they go down and roll and roll and roll like they've been hit by a speeding train, when in reality an 11 stone girly man with a perm or highlights has kicked him in the shin.
    I can remember coming off my bike as a daredevil child resulting in my leg an arm and half my back coming clean off, I just dusted myself off cracked on.
    Got home where my parents would sort the hideous wound out with a quick splash of napalm or tcp one of the 2.

Fucking poofters the lot of em.
    Except that joey deacon..i mean barton he's well hard.....he thinks so anyway.

4. Is that a bit like the rock hard Lampard who when faced with going down for twatting a bloke, cried in the dock.

5. That is more like it......

6. Been a while since you visited the Rebel County I see.

7. Still happens mate,,,The 'Ladies' still pass the plastic bucket around after every match I've been to (in Manchester).....

8. Watch superleague netball on skysport 4, now THAT'S violent!

9. I know it's the African Nations Cup, but this sums up Wendyball for me.

10. Blimey. I've been here 13 years and been to a lot of GAA games - from juvenile area/county matches to big finals at Croke Park. Never seen that happen.

11. I really don't want to ruin the thread with IRA bollox

But I haven't seen it either, (and if it did happen, it would be stamped on sharpish) and I've lived here for nearly 5 years. Tuffy is on about the UK though, (Manchester FFS) and who is to say the money collected isn't being scammed and used to buy beer?

12. That is fucking comical, I can't believe he even gets taken off on a stretcher.

13. Me neither. Hurling has become my second favourite sport, with rugby still out in front... here's some of that "off the ball" action:

edit for poor keyboard skills...

14. What a shit fight. At least in ice hockey they take off their gloves and helmets off before squaring up. I've seen better fights in mini-rugby!

15. I've seen better fights outside Mecca Bingo, with two grannies going for it over who shouted "House" first.