any single dads in the army

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Mech-dan, Oct 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. do any single dads no what kind of support the army offers single dads with sole custody of a child? also if i dont get custody if i can still get married quarters when im divorced? any other info would be apperiacated. cheers
  2. I suspect wah, (going on you other threads), but on the offchance you are genuine, perhaps you should approach your welfare office rather than take "advice" on here.
  3. There was a WO 2 in JHQ who had 2 kids 13/15 ish and he got a quater. Not in the time of deployments though.
  4. Loads of blokes have, see you unit welfare officer and he/she will square you away
  5. yeh i will see the welfare in the long run. just wanted to get an idea from here what i can expect. i know some places dont give you married quarters if your single and dont have custody if they have holiday homes for occasional visits, which is ****.
  6. No it isn't. I'm in the same position as you and it's pretty obvious that the Army couldn't possibly afford to supply a house for every single soldier with children. You are either wah-ing or incredibly naive.