Any Signal's guys here Falkland veterans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Bumped into a guy in his 60's who within a short space of time told me his entire career in the Army, including NI and the sneaky beaky stuff that he had done.

He also told me that he had been on the RFA Sir Galahad at Bluff Cove and had arrived ashore shortly before she was hit. Stated that he was a Staff Sgt in the Royal Signals at the time.

Any of the old and bold on here Down South so that I can run his name past you to see if he is gen?

I won't give his name out on an open forum just in case he is on the level, so drop me a PM if you can help.

Last edited:
He may not be a Walt, but he was a little to forthcoming with certain information which if he has done what he claims to have, surprises me.

Hi all

Bumped into a guy in his 60's who within a short space of time told me his entire career in the Army, including NI and the sneaky beaky stuff that he had done.

He also told me that he had been on the RFA Sir Galahad at Bluff Cove and had arrived ashore shortly before she was hit.

Any of the old and bold on here Down South so that I can run his name past you to see if he is gen?

I won't give his name out on an open forum just in case he is on the level, so drop me a PM if you can help.
Didn't you bump into an Int Corps Walt yesterday? Two Walts in 24 hours, what a stroke of luck.

Lol

No it would appear that a couple of the old timers over there have never heard of the name, so I thought that I would check over here as he claimed to have been Signals at the beginning of his career.

I don't like to tell someone that they are a lying arse unless I have all my facts right.

Damme- if he had been on Tristram he might have an idea where my suitcase went
Have the sad duty of clearing my dads bits up, and lo and behold I have his Falkland photos days after endex. Sorry to say I can't see your suitcase on the deck or round the superstructure!

Lol

No it would appear that a couple of the old timers over there have never heard of the name, so I thought that I would check over here as he claimed to have been Signals at the beginning of his career.

I don't like to tell someone that they are a lying arse unless I have all my facts right.
No one cares mate, genuinely........

Have the sad duty of clearing my dads bits up, and lo and behold I have his Falkland photos days after endex. Sorry to say I can't see your suitcase on the deck or round the superstructure!
My condolences, sorry for your loss and the loss of yet another member of the task force.

I don't remember serving with you and I don't drink with you, so I guess that I'm not your mate....

This doesn't need two threads (frankly it doesn't need one...) If anyone actually wants to help they can PM you.

Status
Not open for further replies.