Any Royal Anglians out there who can give a few details?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by alloydog, May 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a website about the 44th "East Essex" regiment of Foot. On the History page, there is a "timeline" of major events. Things are a bit patchy after the mid 90's.

Can anyone fill me in with a few details?

The link is

(edit) Replies can be via PM.

2. Came across this recently in a magazine;

1995: 1st Bn Bosnia (NATO)
    2000: 2nd Bn Sierra Leone
    2002: 1st Bn Afghanistan
    2003: 2nd Bn Afghanistan
    2005: 1st Bn Iraq
    2006: 2nd Bn + 3rd Bn (TA) Iraq
    2007: 1st Bn + 3rd Bn (TA) Afghanistan

The article was from a war games magazine detailing the 44th Foot

But after scrolling down on the dates on your site,i see you already knew that
  3. Yeah, it was Wargames Illustrated, thanks anyway - they used my site as a reference. :D
  4. Have you tried contacting the Royal Anglian at the museum in Bury St Edmunds.
  5. Not recently. they have helped in the past, but I must admit it that it didn't cross my mind this time... :oops:

I'll email them today.

6. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

If you walk straight up the hill from Walthamstow tube (a mile or two), there is a building more or less opposite a church (it's near where my nephew used to live and I never recorded details, just walked it from memory) there is a public building which ISTR one open day was open and had some Essex Regiment memorabilia because Walthamstow was once in Essex. You may be able to glean some information from Walthamstow town hall or whatever.
  7. Thanks, I'll make a note of that, see if I can send a relative, armed with a camera. I haven't been back to the UK for nigh on ten years now, and no trips are in the pipeline...
  8. Essex Regiment Museum in Chelmsford - recent refurb and very enthusiastic/knowledgeable Curator.
  9. I've now got the dates from the Royal Anglian Regiment Museum. Thanks for the suggestions and stuff.