Any room for a tree surgen

Hi , i v got one year left to go before i have a national diploma in Arboricultre ( tree surgary ) anyway i want to know if i join the RE will i be able to use my trade in the army ? i hear the MOD give out contracts out to private firms to do there tree work, why not use people like me ?

(editied REME to RE )

redrat said:
Hi , i v got one year left to go before i have a national diploma in Arboricultre ( tree surgary ) anyway i want to know if i join the REME will i be able to use my trade in the army ? i hear the MOD give out contracts out to private firms to do there tree work, why not use people like me ?
1. Sappers aren't REME.
2. Sappers do tree surgery rather differently to the methods you've been taught.
3. Despite this, you sound like you're fun. Join.

redrat said:
well if they will not let me do my trade i ll join the Infantry , just seems a waste...
This is the same logic as:

"I've got an HGV licence, but they've only got vans, so I'll become a postman on roller skates."

Sappers cut down trees, better than any other branch of the Army, but don't necessarily do it neatly, nor with a view to improving the growth of the tree. The infantry hide behind trees. Which is most appropriate to your qualification?

putteesinmyhands said:
Sappers cut down trees, better than any other branch of the Army, but don't necessarily do it neatly, nor with a view to improving the growth of the tree. The infantry hide behind trees. Which is most appropriate to your qualification?

:lol:

I mostly ran into trees with the 432 or Spartan. Plenty of scope for a bit of surgery there. :D

sprjim said:
Did anyone do tree hugging in training? Horrible.
I found tree-hugging strangely therapeutic and calming..... usually because I was 30ft off the ground at the time with only my grip on the tree keeping me from falling!

Litotes

Redrat, RE's would welcome your skills with a chainsaw, but (probably) won't let you conduct private work - the toads who look after that stuff would whinge, the unions would cry foul etc etc. Mind you, what you do in your spare time with the nod of the QM is another story.
Not being Mr Picky, but Tree Surgen - ahem, (coughs) Surgeon? Surgary - (coughs again) Surgery.....?
Sorry, bad habit of mine....

do you think he will have "twigged" on yet :?: :?: :?: :?:

WOOD he understand our train of thought you think. ELM sure it will be over his head. he may be PINE-ing to go onto another forum now as this is not that POPLAR subject for the engineers Or is he just BARKing up the wrong TREE :? :? :? :? FIR feck sake i better stop now :!: :!: :!: :!:

Ferk me boy. You don't even know how to spell what you have been studying!

Go buy a dictionary and become a tree hugging chef!