'Any Questions?', now on Radio 4

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Stardark, Oct 9, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody near a radio who wants to hear Peter Hain making an ass of himself should tune into this programme and wait about ten minutes, and perhaps hang on for the listener feedback section, 'Any Answers?', at 2pm.

Ah, go on, go on, go on...

Any Questions homepage

2. yeah, powerful stuff

3. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Just listening ito it online now - isn't the BBC website utterly excellent. Makes me want to go out and pay my license fee!

4. Bumping this up because the latest programme comes from Devon, and the barracking from foxhunting supporters (in about five minutes from now, repeated) is something to, um... behear 8)

Note: Ben Bradshaw is on ;)

5. Bradshaaw took a verbal kicking from the audience and there was a police presence in order to deter a physical kicking.

I detect a growing nationwide hatred towards the Great Helmsman and his entourage. The last two Question Times on BBC1 had the audience shouting down ministers and it is clear they are simply not trusted! Regime change begins at home!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

6. While we are discussing R4, I believe that "Andy Mcnab" is on Desert Island Disks tomorrow. Could be interesting. :?

7. I saw the movie about McNab was that a true story ?

8. Depends on whose version you believe..........some facts are without dispute..ie the capture and imprisonment of some members of the patrol and the awsome E&E of another member of the patrol. There is however a disputed area with regard to the planning and to a degree the way the mission was executed.

The RSM (at the time) in his own book, makes several refutations in regard to claims made in McNab's book, to be fair however he has also popped off at other members of the Regt too.......

9. I believe the same RSM gets a verbal kicking in Victor 2. Powerfully honest book by a bloke called Yorky. But we have kind of changed the thread.

10. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I wonder how long it will be before Steven Spielberg makes another one of his 'historically accurate' films, in which McNab will be American, nothing will go wrong and all the enemy will be played by Brits..... :D

11. Perhaps Mike Myers could play him...

Funny, I caught part of DID, as I usually do, and the bloke on it this week didn't make much of an impression. I was busy, though.

This week on 'Any Questions', Rhodri Morgan sucks up to Blair (while still wanting Kerry to win the US election), seven minutes from... mark.

Any Questions