Any point in reapplying?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Zedd, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just over a year ago my application was declined due to my having had an intracranial haemorrhage when I was born which to this date doesn't appear to have had any effect on me.

The letter I got back stated that the British armed forces can't accept applications from people with that in their medical history. I asked my doctor to give evidence but I was declined again. I accepted that I wasn't going to be able to join the forces but now I'm finding myself thinking of it again...

My question is if there is any point in reapplying? Or are there any armed forces that would accept my application?

2. Guatemala?

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Unlikely. Sounds pretty final.

Sorry to be so negative, but it's obviously a serious medical issue you have/had.

4. Try the RAF,

Civie c*nts the lot of them but at least they wear a uniform of sorts (in the respect that they all receive the same kit then wear it in whatever way takes their fancy on a particular day)

5. I think that rather answers your question doesn't it? Why can't anyone just accept that the rules in the army are there for a reason? If they weren't we'd have battalions full of wheezy young men with exploding heads.

6. Fair dos, I thought it was worth asking on the off chance someone knew something but if I can't get in then that's that.

7. I dunno, sounds like good potential for a spectator sport there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.