any paras here that could help me please?

Post your questions... I'm sure there are several of my UK peers waiting to answer with baited breath (or is that breath like bait?)

oki doke then

a) can i change from guards to para whilst at harrogate if i get a good run time on the harrogate tests they give u on the first few weeks
b) does anyone kno how i can contact the paras (i tried the number on there site but cant get them)

Yer the Guard have a Guards Para Platoon atatched to 3 Para.
You could P COY stright after training at Catterick no dramas then do bit of time in guards BN and get a bit of experience then do jumps course an go 3 Para

guards1231 said:
You could P COY stright after training at Catterick no dramas then do bit of time in guards BN and get a bit of experience then do jumps course an go 3 Para
I'd actually recommend sticking with the guards if you want to be sh!t hot at your drills before then becoming even hotter at combat, the guards are elite too although not many admit it :twisted:

crow_bag said:
RoyalEngineers said:
guards1231 said:
I'd actually recommend sticking with the guards if you want to be sh!t hot at your drills before then becoming even hotter at combat, the guards are elite too although not many admit it :twisted:
You won't get far in the army if you admit to thinking the Guards are elite :p
Haha I like my own sarcasm ;)

But atleast they can cheat on their boots :twisted:

guards1231 said:

Yot really need to get a grip of yourself if you honestly believe that the guards recruit fitness programme is the same as attending a Pre Para.

Guards..... guards......who wants to do guards?????

Mr Happy

LE
Mate, if you've decided you're harder than those around you and want a bigger challenge then get to the guards now. Don't fack about finishing your guards training, go, now. Today. your wasting your own and your instructors training if you don't.

Mr Happy

LE
RoyalEngineers said:
guards1231 said:
I have to ask... as you're an RE and probably not sooo old in the tooth, can you tell me how you think the guards are one of Britains elite units?

Mr Happy said:
RoyalEngineers said:
guards1231 said:
I have to ask... as you're an RE and probably not sooo old in the tooth, can you tell me how you think the guards are one of Britains elite units?
If you think about the time they've been around, the time they spend working on their other skills that are traditional to the army, which disciplines them, they stand still for hours, so they're disciplined alot more than some and so possibly "elite" in some ways but not others :p And for the record i'm not RE, and I know Ex. Grenadiers, who speak more than they show, cause they aint as good as they say ;)

But their boots are immaculate :twisted:

RoyalEngineers, you are very knowledgeable, but you are yet to enter the Army at all - do you think it's wise to be advising on subjects which have nothing to do with you at all?

The_Goon said:
RoyalEngineers, you are very knowledgeable, but you are yet to enter the Army at all - do you think it's wise to be advising on subjects which have nothing to do with you at all?
I applaud your patience and polite manner Goon...